MotoGP Buriram accomodation.

Neilynick

Hello,

Living in Ubon Ratchathani and enquiring about any possible accommodation available for the weekend of the MotoGP in Buriram.

I have tickets and I've been searching feverishly online but to no avail.

Any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Neily.

• Haha 1

Thanks guys,

I did see that as an option staying at the "tent-city". Could be a washout at that time of year so I'd like to keep my options open and have that as a last resort to be honest.

Fair enough. Maybe you should book for next year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

I've got a couple of tickets booked and a friend coming from overseas so will still go, probably get the father in law or wife to drive  and pick us up afterwards would have preferred to have stayed over for the full weekend though.

Edited by Neilynick

Slightly off-topic but attached is a photo of my ticket which I bought in January.

The printing has all but faded from it and by October I doubt if there will be anything readable on it.

(You can just about make out the ticket number which is why I have covered it).

I contacted Allticket about it and they say it's not a problem as long as you can present the id you gave at the time of purchase.

As soon as I bought the ticket I took a photo of it so I should be ok, I wonder how many other people have shoved their ticket in a draw and are going to get a shock come October?

Moto Tkt.jpg

We booked hotels as soon as it was announced in October last year......booked a place close to track have stayed at this place before for Superbikes and price has increased 3 fold for Motogp.......one guy changed his mind and booked a resort 35kms away and i have heard people are staying as far away as Surin for the weekend......would like to think some of the resorts out of town might still have vacancies?......long shot but maybe worth a try if you have not already done so.........tent city would be great but personally i would be concerned about snakes and other creepy crawlies haha.......

When they announced that they were hosting the Moto GP  the first thing I thought of was that far too little accommodation to host this event, but TAT have seen no interest from TAT to try to expediate a help line

I had a nice airBNB place booked near the track. A few weeks ago they cancelled my booking giving some BS excuses.
Probably will rent to others at an inflated price.
Since I couldn't find any accommodation nearby, I booked a place around Korat, 2 hrs from the track. 
Such is life...

2 hours ago, nahkit said:

Slightly off-topic but attached is a photo of my ticket which I bought in January.

The printing has all but faded from it and by October I doubt if there will be anything readable on it.

(You can just about make out the ticket number which is why I have covered it).

I contacted Allticket about it and they say it's not a problem as long as you can present the id you gave at the time of purchase.

As soon as I bought the ticket I took a photo of it so I should be ok, I wonder how many other people have shoved their ticket in a draw and are going to get a shock come October?

Moto Tkt.jpg

I have same thing but thankfully mine is still readable and have taken photo.

My problem yesterday was wife went to bkk to pick up tickets and went to few places all of who didn't have any actual tickets to give her !!

They said they hadn't received them yet . But she got a message saying they were available to collect and on allticket site they are advertising loads of collection places .

On ‎10‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 9:06 AM, DJ54 said:

Went to NASCAR, Indy car, Sebring and Dragster racing. Would like to go to a Moto GP looks like sold out. You might try Air BNB or Similar sites

Not sure about 7-11 etc being sold out but you can still buy tickets on allticket site and the moto gp site from what I know .

Use a dating site and contact the girls there, maybe one stays alone and let's you stay with her, then you get free accommodation with benefits [emoji14]
Maybe she would even pay you to leave in the morning [emoji14]
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, OmegaRacer said:

I had a nice airBNB place booked near the track. A few weeks ago they cancelled my booking giving some BS excuses.
Probably will rent to others at an inflated price.
Since I couldn't find any accommodation nearby, I booked a place around Korat, 2 hrs from the track. 
Such is life...

You could have tried Phimai 60 kilometers closer and less traffic than Korat a few hotels ,reasonable sized town but maybe not on booking sites. Phimai Inn probably about the best of them with reasonable restaurant and 20 metre swimming pool. Normally 600 baht per night.

• Like 1

If you can recognise the Thai word for 'Resort' you'll find that there are many places around Buriram not to be found on the internet. I have never ever booked in Thailand even at holiday times and have always found something. 

8 minutes ago, cooked said:

If you can recognise the Thai word for 'Resort' you'll find that there are many places around Buriram not to be found on the internet. I have never ever booked in Thailand even at holiday times and have always found something. 

My wife searched for 2 days and couldn't find anything either.

49 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

You could have tried Phimai 60 kilometers closer and less traffic than Korat a few hotels ,reasonable sized town but maybe not on booking sites. Phimai Inn probably about the best of them with reasonable restaurant and 20 metre swimming pool. Normally 600 baht per night.

Not closer from where I come from....

4 minutes ago, OmegaRacer said:

My wife searched for 2 days and couldn't find anything either.

If I can find a place in Pattaya during Songkran I'm sure Buriram shouldn't be too difficult. Ask a taxi driver.

Buriram is not Pattaya though. How many hotels are there in and around Pattaya?

Furthermore, when I arrive in Buriram after riding for 6 hours I certainly don't want to ask taxi drivers and hope for the best. I'm not 20 anymore and my wife wouldn't be too happy either.

There are several resorts in and around Buriram but most don't advertise. There's the Best Western in the town centre but I reckon they'd be fully booked. Try them nonetheless. There is a hotel at the racetrack but this is where the teams stay. A Dutch guy and his Thai wife have a superb restaurant called Muang Pizza Buriram to which is attached a very good resort ( number on Google ) and that's in the town centre just round the corner from Best Western. About 55 kms due south is the small town of Prakhon Chai. Only one ( very expensive ) hotel but several resorts -- again most not on Google. Remember, Rome wasn't built in a day and the advent of MotoGP in Thailand let alone Buriram has developers franticly building . Shame I'm not there right now or I could have driven around and got a few numbers.

On 5/9/2018 at 7:20 PM, johng said:

Tent ?

your right, im going booked my accommodation 2 months ago and most places were fully booked then and i had to settle for some where outside about 70 kilometers away and they all tripled the prices of the rooms.

7 hours ago, finnomick said:

There are several resorts in and around Buriram but most don't advertise. There's the Best Western in the town centre but I reckon they'd be fully booked. Try them nonetheless. There is a hotel at the racetrack but this is where the teams stay. A Dutch guy and his Thai wife have a superb restaurant called Muang Pizza Buriram to which is attached a very good resort ( number on Google ) and that's in the town centre just round the corner from Best Western. About 55 kms due south is the small town of Prakhon Chai. Only one ( very expensive ) hotel but several resorts -- again most not on Google. Remember, Rome wasn't built in a day and the advent of MotoGP in Thailand let alone Buriram has developers franticly building . Shame I'm not there right now or I could have driven around and got a few numbers.

All fully booked. 

12 hours ago, cooked said:

I have searched many places, some off the beaten track upto 20 kms from main roads, for friends in KhonKaen. All booked. Seems Korat is now the nearest place where rooms are available. 

Edited by puchooay