Installshield Wizard Help Please

Guest RealEstateBroker

Guest RealEstateBroker

Hi ! When I install a new program with a CD the installation language usually defaults to my language English if the install CD has more than one language on it. Now, it defaults to French and I have no idea how to change it back. I can't even find InstallShield Wizard on my control panel, programs etc. Any ideas ? Thanks

Two suggestions:

1. Go to Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options. In Regional Options (the first tab), check which country is displayed. The last tab (Advanced) is used to select the language for non-Unicode programmes.

2. Usually a programme which features a number (more than one) language options, you will get a box which lists the languages which can be used.

I tend to think that I would start with the first suggestion and check the settings there. My only problem to date with software installation is when I have to install a Canon printer. Even though my regional settings are in Australian / English and I specify Language to Use: English, the printer software installs the Korean version. Even the voice which notifies me if there is a printing problem is Korean. It takes a number of attempts to get the text and voice back to English.

Peter

Guest RealEstateBroker
Two suggestions:

1. Go to Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options. In Regional Options (the first tab), check which country is displayed. The last tab (Advanced) is used to select the language for non-Unicode programmes.

2. Usually a programme which features a number (more than one) language options, you will get a box which lists the languages which can be used.

I tend to think that I would start with the first suggestion and check the settings there. My only problem to date with software installation is when I have to install a Canon printer. Even though my regional settings are in Australian / English and I specify Language to Use: English, the printer software installs the Korean version. Even the voice which notifies me if there is a printing problem is Korean. It takes a number of attempts to get the text and voice back to English.

Peter

Hi Peter, tried all that but my laptop still thinks I'm french. Thanks again.