Thai Women Legal Rights In Uk

gregchambers

I stayed with Thai girl for ten years, had kids, bought house and land etc and we finished when I found out she had Th husband. This was five years ago and have been supportin kids to local standard, they are now 15. She has sister in UK who has found out I have major assets there but I am non-resident in the UK. Can they get me?

I stayed with Thai girl for ten years, had kids, bought house and land etc and we finished when I found out she had Th husband. This was five years ago and have been supportin kids to local standard, they are now 15. She has sister in UK who has found out I have major assets there but I am non-resident in the UK. Can they get me?

Are you divorced already. I believe the children have to be living in the UK for the Child Support Agency to have any influence.

You've got major assets in The UK, you are supporting your children to 'Thai Standards' and your concern is that your wife cannot get her hands on your assets. (actually your and her assets if you are not divorced).

Putting asside the issue of what your wife got up to, what about your children, with your major assets did they not deserve better than 'Thai Standard'?

That asside, since your assets are in the UK, and under the jurisdiction of the UK Courts, the UK courts can rule on a settlement with your wife. Maybe they could leave you with sufficient for a Thai Standard of living.

Edited by GuestHouse

If you have never been married then it would be extremely difficult for your children's mother to get a court ruling in the UK.

If you are leaving wealth to your children then think carefully how you are going to do that.

My suggestion is phased payments through a will under control of trustees in the UK to prevent the whole lot being blown away in one go.

If you have never been married then it would be extremely difficult for your children's mother to get a court ruling in the UK.

Yep. My ex-mrs (a brit in UK) tried to get hold of my properties (i had before we married) when we divorced. As she had never lived in them or contributed to them, the ruling was she had no claim and so she didn't get anything from them :o

If she really had a legal husband, then surely they must have had an ampur-weeding-only?

I believe that if you are shown on the childs birth certifacate you can apply for the children to become British. The rules changed a couple of years ago. I believe that the Children now have the right to become British if the father is British, before the rules changed it was up to the home office. Give it a go you will be doing the kids a favour, the Home office can only say no but they might say yes.