Good tourist spots to visit

Megasin1

I suggest you have never seen an eye fillet prepared by an Australian butcher.

I think we call it “Tenderloin” in the US, and it is a great cut. I prefer a good Porterhouse, or (if not so hungry) NY Strip.

I suggest unless the steer was starved to death, there is not a cut of beef on it less than 10% fat.

13 hours ago, mogandave said:

I think we call it “Tenderloin” in the US, and it is a great cut. I prefer a good Porterhouse, or (if not so hungry) NY Strip.

I suggest unless the steer was starved to death, there is not a cut of beef on it less than 10% fat.

After checking with Dr. Google, I have to admit you're right. All I can say in defence is the eye fillet I get from butchers in Melbourne has zero visible fat. I'm not prepared to waste one in destructive testing to prove otherwise.

After checking with Dr. Google, I have to admit you're right. All I can say in defence is the eye fillet I get from butchers in Melbourne has zero visible fat. I'm not prepared to waste one in destructive testing to prove otherwise.

No visible fat is very different from no fat...

I’d like to “destroy” one now with a couple eggs over-medium, home-fries and sourdough toast....

1 hour ago, mogandave said:

No visible fat is very different from no fat...

I’d like to “destroy” one now with a couple eggs over-medium, home-fries and sourdough toast....

Done medium with a smidgin of ground black pepper, a glass of shiraz. Salad heavy on the kalamata olives.