Two killed as car crashes at 180 kph in Nakhon Pathom

webfact

11 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Was it a light traffic 3 lane, anyone know the road.?.or is it Whack a Mole Time 

Its two lanes at this point after the road from Kanchanaburi merges to it. At 1am the traffic is lighter than during the day but its by no means deserted. He will have been the usual 'flash my lights weaving in and out' driver. If he'd have been a bit more cautious for literally a couple of kilometers,  it turns in to three lanes. Then 180 would be easy all the way to BKK at that time.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, alien365 said:

Its two lanes at this point after the road from Kanchanaburi merges to it. At 1am the traffic is lighter than during the day but its by no means deserted. He will have been the usual 'flash my lights weaving in and out' driver. If he'd have been a bit more cautious for literally a couple of kilometers,  it turns in to three lanes. Then 180 would be easy all the way to BKK at that time.

Thanks nice to see a balanced reply.

• Like 1

Something that strikes me time after time is how most(!) Thai 'drivers' react, what they do with the pedals and steering wheel, driving on a double 2 to 3 lane highway, ...when approaching/being in one of those wonderfull curves which are banked up (some quite a lot) to the external side of the curve. Very seldom do I witness the normal, ...logical, attitude which would be: slow down a bit well before the curve, then steady in the curve, and add some gas when your pants tell the vehicle has 'set' itself (reached a good balance on 4 wheels), out of the curve. ...This becoming kind of a need-to-do when you 'hang up' high on the lane at the outside of the curve, simply because of the law of gravity!

I've seen the most silly, dumb, ...irresponsible, and dangerous reactions exposed within(!) these curves, and would advise to have some cameras installed in the sharpest banked ones, ...to show what NOT to do to the people.

Why not on all Thai national networks have a weekly (daily?), short, 10 to 15 min. show, candid camera/gags kind of stuff, with, briefly explained, what the driver should have done?

Mr PM Prayuth? Wouldn't you give up 10 to 15 min. of your weekly airtime to test the formula? A great feeling to save lifes, wouldn't you say, ...and quite a nice, positive, 'profiling' with elections coming.

P.S.: it could even lead some part of the population not to switch off the tele on Friday evenings, ...like most do now?

6 hours ago, Esso49 said:

Did you fail your maths at school ? the speed quoted was  180 KPH which is 112 MPH,  not 150.  However irrespective of the speed the risk rating for any Thai driver is so high that your equation could well read 10 MPH x Thai Driver x Thai Road = death for certain.

If you have ever been to New Zealand you will know that possums die in their thousands due to road kill.   Therefore a similar equation could read Possums Brain = Thai Brain  = death = worst record in the world for road deaths.  The main difference here being that a possums pelt can be used.

Once again I must tell you I corrected my mistake in a few replies after noticing my mistake.if I could of edited it I would of.thanks again teacher,I'll go and stand in the corner with a dunces cone on my head.

28 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

No, you didn't; you said they don't have speed limiters, they have rev limiters

Jesus, the Rev limiter governs the speeds through the Gears only to save the engine being over reved, not to save a speeding fine. Surely you learned that in your fantasy Supercar drives. HGVs may have a max speed device, im not sure.No doubt you can Google that ,like your Supercar nonsence.:stoner:

8 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Jesus, the Rev limiter governs the speeds through the Gears only to save the engine being over reved, not to save a speeding fine. Surely you learned that in your fantasy Supercar drives. HGVs may have a max speed device, im not sure.No doubt you can Google that ,like your Supercar nonsence.:stoner:

Geez...I knew it would be a waste of time responding to you. 

I know what a rev limiter is and I know what a speed limiter is.  A rev limiter does not govern speeds in gears it governs engine revs in the gears.  A speed limiter stops vehicles from exceeding pre-determined levels and was (and I'm pretty sure is still) fitted to many cars manufactured here that stops them exceeding 180kph.

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Geez...I knew it would be a waste of time responding to you. 

I know what a rev limiter is and I know what a speed limiter is.  A rev limiter does not govern speeds in gears it governs engine revs in the gears.  A speed limiter stops vehicles from exceeding pre-determined levels and was (and I'm pretty sure is still) fitted to many cars manufactured here that stops them exceeding 180kph.

Absolute Cobblers.

• Sad 1

I've now seen the video from thairath and see he was busy overtaking, not realising by keeping right he went into the u turn lane. Drove expertly into the pole which, fortunately, probably saved the lives of others in the opposite direction