Jasmine (Mali) Farm

Hello Everyone, 

Me and my wife have started a jasmine farm about 8 months ago, intending to sell flower buds to local buyers and make extra income and also give some job to the family.

Few months ago we were on 3-4 kilo per day, but now we are reaching 8-10 and more likely will go way over that soon, which is all great, unfortunately we cannot sell everything now :(.

We were looking for last weeks for new buyers, but not much luck.

Does anyone know a place/ company( i.e. perfume or oil making), markets or just simply individual people who would be interested in buying in jasmine buds? We are not far from Udon Thani.

Any ideas and tips will be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Mike

32331970_131255784400728_3429480662292234240_n.jpg

32313105_131255614400745_808551911576829952_n.jpg

• Like 1

not sure what sort of money your getting/expecting but a couple of ideas off the top of my head.... dry the buds out and make a herbal tea?, or some kind of body lotion, may be for the massage shops ect....  or sell them to the garland makers that sell at the temples/road sides ect.. we are not far from you (udon thani) and the temple at kam sanot (spelling?) near ban dung does a far trade, local and people from far and wide go all the time, very busy in the last year or so. people around us have been growing/selling the orange and yellow flowers (names?) to wholesale buyers who then sell at the temple ect... selling to these people would not provide much baht, but maybe an idea?

Hey there, thank you for the ideas;

We are actually not far from Kham Chanot(??), we are in Nong Han. We are selling occasionally to our local buyers who make malais out of them, but sometimes ( like apparently now) the whole Thai market is full of mali and its hard to sell more than few kilos, and the rest is just wasting in the the farm. The price depends on the market - now about 200 baht per kilo, most of the time is 300 or more and we are always selling on this price. Just looking for something more constant and permanent buyers as my wife put so much effort in the farm and the idea was it to be for years to come.

Will check the Temple itself as you suggested and see what's going on in there :).

Thanks again!

Sent from my H60-L12 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

And yes, we have checked flower markets in Udon, sellers by the traffic lights in many places, but everyone seems to be set with flowers already for long time and the have their own suppliers already. Since we are looking at bigger amounts in next weeks/months( 10,15 kilos + a day) we are looking for wholesale buyers , even at the lower price.

Mike

14 hours ago, MichaelZ85 said:

Hey there, thank you for the ideas;

We are actually not far from Kham Chanot(??), we are in Nong Han. We are selling occasionally to our local buyers who make malais out of them, but sometimes ( like apparently now) the whole Thai market is full of mali and its hard to sell more than few kilos, and the rest is just wasting in the the farm. The price depends on the market - now about 200 baht per kilo, most of the time is 300 or more and we are always selling on this price. Just looking for something more constant and permanent buyers as my wife put so much effort in the farm and the idea was it to be for years to come.

Will check the Temple itself as you suggested and see what's going on in there :).

Thanks again!

looks like you are getting good money per kg, 200-300 baht sounds really good....

i asked the wife what/how her friend is doing with her flower sales (this year they planted a good few rai with irrigation ect)  the answer was the field is now overgrown  with weeds what with the rain in the past month,  my bet is they just leave it to rot away, lazy people....in the past they had been selling the flower head (cut/baged) for 20/30 baht per kg, depending on what way the wind blows..... there are people who buy by the pickup full but its finding em...as you drive towards ban dung from nong han you should see little stalls along the main road, maybe good to ask/maybe they know someone, so im told the nearer you get to the temple loads more flowers/stalls ect

does you wife have a facebook page for her farm, maybe worth a try (free) people seem glued to the phone/internet.... maybe look on there for other links to flower farm/buyers ect....