Pattaya Immigration

Pattaya Immigration

I recently went to Pattaya Immigration at a sensible time, I was No.2 in the queue for my 12 mths Ext. based on retirement, and all processed in 15 mins.  pick up the next day after 1400 hrs.
They were happy to accept my Thai driving licence as my address.
Prior to this I did my 90 day report, again at a sensible time, nobody in the queue, in/out 5 mins.
I last entered into the country in 2012, there was then no issue with the TM30, (It was probably Thai law then but they did not bother.)
On both these recent visits to Pattaya Immigration they have NOT asked me about my TM30 report and I certainly haven’t asked them.
I have lived at the same address for the past 30 yrs. +,
Since Immigration moved to Jomtien all my dealings with them have all gone smoothly.
These immigration officials are dealing with Falangs DAILY, who do not speak Thai and English is NOT there mother tongue, many of the Falangs have an attitude problem to say the least.
Thai Immigration officials are a Branch of the Police, I would advise Falangs in General to remember this and remember we are all guests in this country.
For those disillusioned with Thailand, “the Grass is always Greener” don’t complain “Vote with your Feet”
Having a Positive attitude to life might just keep those nasty negative issues away.
How early before the extension expiry date are you allowed to do your renewal at Pattaya immigration?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Siam Bruce said:

Having a Positive attitude to life might just keep those nasty negative issues away.

Sounds to me like you find your nisch in the art of complaining and moaning anyway. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mikebell said:

How late can you do it?  Mine was due on Monday but the office was closed.  I'm going today.

Since the office was closed on the day your extension ended you will not be fined 500 baht for one day of overstay. After today you would be fined for everyday. For example it you went tomorrow you would be fined 1000 baht.

I cannot say how late you can be since there is no written rule that I am aware of. It is at the discretion of the office you go to. I have read of it being done 2 weeks late after the overstay fine was paid.

What is this sensible time and day??  I have been in line at 0730, 0900, 1100  and there is alway a que.  But agree on the service, once inside, it goes very fast, only problem with Pattaya Immigationis all the grumpy foreigners :post-4641-1156694005:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

What is this sensible time and day??  I have been in line at 0730, 0900, 1100  and there is alway a que.  But agree on the service, once inside, it goes very fast, only problem with Pattaya Immigationis all the grumpy foreigners :post-4641-1156694005:

Yes, how many Falang  would want to work there?

For as busy as it is, I think they do a pretty good job and are patient with all the B....and moaning.

I am always polite and smile never have an issue and service pretty quick.

• Like 1