UK Visit Visa For Thai Wife and Child - Help Please

Hope I am posting this is the correct place!

I am looking for guidance in applying for a UK visit visa for my wife and daughter (both Thai citizens holding Thai passports) to visit the UK with me in July for 10 days only. I am a British citizen and have UK passport currently living in Thailand on a 12 month spouse visa and have sufficient funds to cover all expenses for travelling along with an invitation letter from my parents stating we will be staying with them so no accommodation costs. My wife has visited the UK before on a visit visa but this will be the first visit for my daughter who is 3 years of age.

I am preparing the ``Standard Visit Visa`` application for my wife however it looks like I need to complete a separate application for my daughter. All information found so far via web searches leads me to believe that I need to use the same ``Standard Visa Application`` for my daughter however I find it somewhat confusing that they ask for details of income and monthly expenses for a child of her age. I am guessing this is just because it`s a standard application form however I need to enter this data in order to move past these questions. As an example for monthly expenses if I enter zero I am returned to the same page so currently I just put in a nominal amount of 1 THB in order to proceed with the application. I have also included notes detailing that all associated costs will be covered by myself and will include the letter from my parents concerning us staying with them and will be submitting copies of my bank book with proof of funds.

My question, am I using the correct application for a child of 3 years and if anyone has any advice for applying for a visit visa for a young child it would be most appreciated,

Thanks in advance for any help that can be offered.

38 minutes ago, karlb said:

Thank you for your reply, she is adopted but currently only by my wife who will obviously also be travelling. Thanks

You are calling the child your daughter when there's no legal provenance of that status hence my previous question. Now we are about clarifying if she is a wholly adopted Thai child or if your wife is the child's birth mother.

After that clarification, pretty sure we can get the ball rolling on what is needed for the accompanying child.

You are calling the child your daughter when there's no legal provenance of that status hence my previous question. Now we are about clarifying if she is a wholly adopted Thai child or if your wife is the child's birth mother.
After that clarification, pretty sure we can get the ball rolling on what is needed for the accompanying child.
I see where you are coming from. She is wholly adopted by my wife born by an unwed mother from a different province to us in Thailand. We have all legal documentation for the adoption which was sorted by a lawyer from BKK. All paperwork has then been officially stamped by the various government offices and a legal name change completed and a passport issued in her new name. I hope this helps and thank you.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

If the child is legally adopted and you are legally married to the adopting mother then this makes her your step-daughter (non-legally qualified opinion!!) therefore apply in the same way you would for any Thai step-daughter but best to clarify and supply documentation to prove this link.

Same requirements of purpose of visit, affordability and reasons to return. As you are resident in Thailand then reasons to return should be pretty straight forward. Demonstrate that you have a settled family life in Thailand by presenting documentation relating to your right to reside, income, housing etc and I cannot see why there would be any difficulty. 

Make sure if you are granted the visa that you take all the paperwork relating to the child with you to the uk. Also it would pay you to have it all in Thai and English.

We took our niece with us to the UK in march and the I/O at Heathrow wanted all the paperwork related to her application, even though it stated on her visa that she was to be accompanied by  my wife and myself.

Good Luck with your application

Good point about taking documents with you especially regarding the relationship between child and accompanying adult(s). Not a bad thing that they are on the look out for trafficking . Keep them (or copies) in your hand luggage for ease of access!   

Thank you all for your input, some good advice here. I am however still unsure if I am should be using the "Standard Visit Visa" application form which requires me to provide details of monthly income and expenditure.