Seek Cheapest Option to Establish a Utility Account

PhuketSarah

Looking for a CHEAP cable or other similar service I can get for a month and then cancel without any cost or  hassles. 

I rent, well water, do not have cable, the electric is in owner's name  so no way to show I reside where  reside  for an online payment service. 

Maddening that immigration documents are not accepted as proof. 

Thanks in advance 

I don't think any cable company would be interested in connecting you for a month.

Sign up with something like HD Prime for 30 days. No box, no hassle but you may get some buffering depending upon your internet connection. 380 baht for the live TV package.

23 hours ago, steelepulse said:

Will HD prime give you a printed out bill showing name and address?  That's what the OP is after, something to prove residence.

Sorry, misunderstood.

But I don't think they'll accept a cable TV account anyway. They certainly don't accept mobile phone bills as that's the only bill I have in my name.

1 hour ago, madmitch said:

Sorry, misunderstood.

But I don't think they'll accept a cable TV account anyway. They certainly don't accept mobile phone bills as that's the only bill I have in my name.

Electric bill seems to be the most acceptable proof.  

electric bill goes to the house owner..  Water bill- no idea, never had one in Phuket :-
get a local cable set up and than cancel

Most internet u need sign a contract for a year...HD prime no bill, but u need internet to sign up ( can use it on ur laptop so dont need a android box)

Online payment ? i use my scb atm card for online payments ( airlines, lazada, etc)

Drivers license??

22 hours ago, steelepulse said:

>>online payment service. 

International payment services require a proof of residence/utility bill to do their due dilgence on KYC for anti money laundering compliance.  

HUH:
i purchase things online all the time ( sing scb card and my US credit cards) both thru lazada, amazon and ebay. Never needed to show anything in the way of where i live, other than provide a billing, shipping address.

36 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

Barking up the wrong tree phuketrichard.  What OP appears to be looking for is something to prove residency to get an offshore bank account or EMI ( Electronic Money Institution).  

Therein lies the problem, if the OP would be a little more explanatory about what she actually needs such a bill for, I'm sure there would be a lot more constructive advice forthcoming.

Archived