Schedule for 3 month general visa

I am applying for general visa for my wife to come to the UK for a visit (along with my 2 sons). I am a bit concerned as I have been told to write out a schedule of our plans. This is a bit awkward as it is not actually a holiday they will just be staying with me as I have not seen them for ages. I will be working 5 days a week when they are here, and we have no plans to go sightseeing or doing trips etc (we lived here together for 6 years previously).

My concern is that the schedule is to be used to see if I can afford her trip (with my 2 sons) and it may seem I am trying to avoid showing spending. I have money in the bank and a steady job to cover expenses, but will the visa guys be expecting me to break down every day for 3 months?

I am currently staying with my nephew and they will stay here too, so I have very little overheads and can basically spend all my income on us.

Any advice about how to complete the schedule would be appreciated

Cheers

You just need a brief outline of what you plan doing. Here is what I wrote in my sponsor letter for my, (now) wife's first visit visa.

M will be staying with me at my address shown at the beginning of this
application. We will be traveling a little. Mainly London as tourists and also
to the South Coast to my sister’s holiday home in Poole, Dorset. I have
enclosed photos and also a letter from my sister, LC, offering
her holiday home to M and myself rent free for a week in June/July.

On 15/05/2018 at 8:08 PM, nellyp said:

I am a bit concerned as I have been told to write out a schedule of our plans.

Told by whom?

All that is needed is a very brief outline of why she is visiting you.

My concern in your position would be convincing the decision maker that this is just a visit and your wife and sons will return to Thailand without you.

Or rather your wife will; your sons are, presumably, British and so don't need visas to enter and live in the UK.

You need to explain in her application why she only wants to visit and does not want to live in the UK with you, her husband, at this time; otherwise the decision maker may believe that she is trying to by pass the settlement rules by using a visit visa to enter the UK with no intention of leaving and so refuse her.

Edited by 7by7

Thank you for the replies.

It says on the Gov website that I need to tell them our plans as well as accommodation and relationship in an invitation letter.

We can easily afford the trip, but it is -as you say- a worry that they will think she intends to stay. The problem with that is that is that she does not work in general employment, but is running her farm in Thailand. Ironically, she will be going back in September to complete her application for a spousal visa. As she had right to remain previously, I am hoping they will understand that we are going through the right channels for her to come back over later on the spousal visa. The fact  is that she will be coming over to stay; just not at this point

Cheers

We can easily afford the trip, but it is -as you say- a worry that they will think she intends to stay. The problem with that is that is that she does not work in general employment, but is running her farm in Thailand. Ironically, she will be going back in September to complete her application for a spousal visa.
Provide details of the farm in the covering letter and also say who would be running the farm during her absence. You could mention the fact that she will be applying for a settlement visa, from Thailand, later in the year.
Try not to make the letter too long.

12 hours ago, nellyp said:

It says on the Gov website that I need to tell them our plans as well as accommodation and relationship in an invitation letter.

Brief plans, yes; not a detailed schedule.

Simply say in your covering letter why she is visiting at this time and what she will be doing whilst in the UK. As theoldgit says above; keep it brief.

12 hours ago, nellyp said:

Ironically, she will be going back in September to complete her application for a spousal visa. As she had right to remain previously, I am hoping they will understand that we are going through the right channels for her to come back over later on the spousal visa

Did she have Further Leave to Remain or Indefinite Leave to Remain before? (Rhetorical)

The decision maker will know the answer to this and will want to know why she left the UK and allowed it to expire (if FLR) or lapse (if ILR).  So briefly explain this.

They will also wonder why she isn't applying for settlement now but only wants to visit now and then apply for settlement in September; so explain this as well.

If it is because you, yourself have just returned to the UK and started a new job which you have to be in for 6 months to meet the financial requirement for settlement and she and you want her and your children to be in the UK with you during this time; tell them this in the application. You would not be not the first couple to have done this.

Finally, if using the farm as her reason to return now; what's going to happen to it in September when she moves to live in the UK?

Edited by 7by7