Computer problem.

Gandtee

For the last couple of days, when I try to go onto BBC News. Thaivisa, etc. from my bookmarks I get 'This site can't be reached. ERR connection timed out.' I'm on Thaivisa via going through it's news updates. I can't get BBC even via Google search. Any suggestions? Please make them simple as being well past my sell by date I'm no computer expert. Have I pressed the wrong buttons? By trying to put things right maybe I've made them worse. Windows 7 by the way, although it might have been upped to 10?

Any suggestions? Please make them simple as being well past my sell by date I'm no computer expert.

Restart your PC and restart your router.

Do NOT change any settings as this will NOT be the cause of your problem. If you change anything at all you will probably only make things worse.

• 2 weeks later...

Last week I experienced again the same problem as in my first post.   This time my wife phoned Truvision who investigated it. She was told that there was a problem with their fiber optics cable and their engineer will fix it within twenty four hours. This was late on Saturday. My wife received a text message on Sunday apologising and repeating it would be fixed within twenty four hours. It was. So credit to Truvision who let us know the situation and coming up with the goods. It makes a change from our usual criticisms of this company. The other lesson learnt was, don't fiddle with things you know nothing about.

• Haha 1

I had the same problem in the last days.

I am 90% sure it has something to do with the bad internet connection.

I didn't change anything and tried later again and it worked again.

I suggest you do the same. Don't change anything! It's likely you don't make it better.