Traveling from Europe to Thailand and Japan

Hi folks,

I am traveling to Thailand from Europe and I will receive one month visa on arrival.

However, I would like to fly to Japan and spend couple of days there and come back to Thailand again.

Then, from Thailand I want to go back to Europe.

Will I receive another one month visa on arrival when I am entering Thailand from Japan again or I must go through some additional administrative hassle?

I appreciate your help on this matter.

As you’re asking about Thailand. I’ll move this to the appropriate forum.
It really depends on your nationality, some nationalities can apply for a visa on arrival whilst others can enter without a visa.
If you’re a nationality that can enter visa free for 30 days you need to have a return ticket to enable you to board your flight to Thailand or an onward ticket within 30 days.
The same would apply on your return.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

You apparently mean a 30 day visa exempt entry. A visa on arrival only allows 15 days and only those from 21 countries can apply for it on entry to the country.

No problem to get the 2nd visa exempt entry. Nothing special will be required.

• Thanks 1

You'll receive a 30 day Visa exempt entry.

You should have onward flights booked within the 30 day entries......Thai > Japan.....Thai > Europe.

You should also have the equivalent of 20,000 baht cash to show on entry, to cover expenses. Although rarely requested, entry can be refused if you can't show it.

• Thanks 1

Hello,

Thank you for your help.

I am a Hungarian citizen and I was thinking about the visa exempt. Apologies for confusion.

So what I understood is:

1) I enter Thailand when flying from Europe and my passport gets stamped where I receive 30 days (visa exempt)

2) After let's say 10 days in Thailand I fly to Japan

3) After 5 days in Japan I am coming back to Thailand and I receive the visa exempt again (other 30 days)

4) After 10 days in Thailand I am flying from Thailand back to Europe

The advice is to have 20 000 Baht in cash when entering Thailand when returning from Japan.

Guys, please confirm or correct if there are mistakes in my assumptions above.

Thanks, much.

38 minutes ago, WebGuy said:

The advice is to have 20 000 Baht in cash when entering Thailand when returning from Japan.

The advice is to have the equivalent (it can be any currency) of 20,000 baht when entering Thailand, both from Hungary and Japan.

Travellers cheques are also accepted.

Personally looking at the HUF/THB exchange rate, I'd get travellers cheques and keep them (if asked) for both entries, then cash them in after returning to Thailand from Japan.

167,000 HUF sounds like a large wad of cash to carry.

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Like 1

On 5/18/2018 at 2:37 AM, Tanoshi said:

You should have onward flights booked within the 30 day entries......Thai > Japan.....Thai > Europe.

I already bought my airplane return tickets.

However, I am not sure what Thais will accept as the prof I have them.

Is it enough to show them the electronic airplane ticket in my e-mail on my mobile phone or I must print them out?

2 minutes ago, WebGuy said:

I already bought my airplane return tickets.

However, I am not sure what Thais will accept as the prof I have them.

Is it enough to show them the electronic airplane ticket in my e-mail on my mobile phone or I must print them out?

I'd definitely print them out. Thais have a fascination for paper.

• Like 1