Do You Like To Sing?

AlexLah

Hi all,

Just curious if some of you like to sing a song and what is your favourite song that you sing.

Yes I like to sing and most people tell me I do well, including some bands in Indonesia.

I have two places In Thailand I visit about once a month.

The first place I visit have a live pianist and girl singer.

The songs I sing with her mostly are: Endless love and Tonight I celebrate my love.

Sometimes she ask me to sing : Cocaine, Stairway to heaven and My Way as she tells me she likes them so much when I sing them (me too).

The other place has a limited selection of English songs and mostly I choose: House of the rising sun, Carreles whisper and Let it be, sometimes I use that place to try out new songs.

So I am just curious if anyone of you like singing (Yes I know whe are stick to Karaoke bars but it is fun).

I am just thinking about getting together with a few people that sort of know their voice is good, sing a song and have a pleasant evening at some Karaoke place.

Kind regards,

Alex

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

strange this isnt on the thai karioki

Song: Horny (Boris Gets Horny Mix) Lyrics

You got me horny in the morning

And you know uh oh

I tried to call you

but I cant find a telephone

I sent a message through the internet

But it rejected

I wrote a letter and I sent it

with the postoffice

the post it takes so long

so I had to sing this song

to let you know how I feel

what's the deal baby

and I cant wait for you

and the things you make me do

my heart is ringin

so I'm singin this song for you

I'm horny

horny horny horny

so horny

I'm horny horny horny

I'm horny

horny horny horny

so horny

I'm horny horny horny tonight

I search from town to town

But I can't find my bedroom

I got so desperate that I sent a rocket to the moon

in new York city someone said they saw you singin the blues

But it was a man from nowhere land

that looked like you

and I will keep searching on

this feeling's much to strong

my heart is ringin

so I'm singin this song for you (for you) (for you) (for you)

I'm horny

horny horny horny

so horny

I'm horny horny horny

I'm horny

horny horny horny

so horny

I'm horny

horny horny horny

so horny

I'm horny horny horny

I'm horny

horny horny horny

so horny

the post it takes so long

so I had to sing this song

to let you know how I feel

what's the deal baby

and I cant wait for you

all the things you make me do

my heart is ringin

so I'm singin this song for you

I'm horny

horny horny horny

so horny

I'm horny horny horny

I'm horny

horny horny horny

so horny

I'm horny

horny horny horny

so horny

I'm horny horny horny

I'm horny

horny horny horny

so horny

horny horny

horny horny horny

horny horny

horny horny horny

horny horny

horny horny horny

horny horny

horny horny horny

horny horny

horny horny horny

horny horny horny

horny horny horny

horny horny horny

horny horny horny tonight

Yo Jock , ease up.

Karaoke singing is just another way of relieving your stress.

Nobody will care if your voice is good or bad.

If it sounds OK you will get big applause, if not just a bit but it does not matter as at least you are having fun.

Just express yourself and get rid of your stress and no worrie.

It is all about having a good time.

Alex

• 1 year later...
Because you are visiting the wrong places Olly.

There are plenty of places you can go to and sing a song without being bothered by girls asking for Cola.

Alex

Used to be a Thai restaurant in the Hillside Condo up from Kad Suan Kaew that has a live band... they also had books with words in them, and you can sing along with a real band - waaaaaaaaay cooool and wonderful fun... I guess you can still go there.

That Keith guy?

He should worn a wig and a skirt I guess.

:o

Do they shoot those people once they are out of the audition room?

Some of them qualify as natural disasters and a danger for every country......

And then the sad story of that HK guy, completely hyped by some record company and then takes an OD.

But it is good they do not have AI here in Thailand, I might be tempted to give it a try but would probebly end up in a similair compilation....

:D

I'm not personally such a big-time karaoke singer. But, when two very nice Thai lady friends invite me to join them for an afternoon singing after lunch, who am I to refuse. When in Rome, do as the Romans do.

So yesterday afternoon, we hopped over to Major Cineplex at Future Park Rangsit and went into their Major Karaoke section. Major's have the same kind of set-ups all over BKK, but it was the first time I had frequented their karaoke, as opposed to local, small time places.

What was interesting was, to my surprise, the Major Karaoke at Rangsit had a pretty complicated and sophisticated computer controlled song selection system that included an entire section of English language karaoke videos, including the Beatles, Eagles, one Creedence Song, and many many others too numerous to mention.

You could look thru the list of artists in alphabetical order, jump around, scroll down the list of artists, select one and then scroll thru whatever songs they had available from that person/group. And then, of course, select the sound system to either include the vocals track (rarely by the original artist) or mute it. The video elements, of course, were pretty silly and unrelated to the songs, unlike Thai karaoke music videos. And most of them seemed to have originated in Australia..for some reason.

The tab on a Saturday afternoon at 250 baht per hour for as many or few songs as you wanted to play. A pretty good sized room with an L-shaped leather like sofa, big screen TV, deafening sound system, and food and drink menu available (though we'd just eaten at MK so we weren't looking for more to eat).

The ladies didn't sing English songs, and I can only sing a few Thai ones, but that worked out OK. They sang along to Tai Oratai's video, and while they were doing that, I was scrolling thru the list of English language songs to pick the next one I'd sing. Then we'd reverse the process, and they'd be perusing Thai songs while I was singing an English one.

It was a fun afternoon, and it didn't really matter whether anyone was singing really well. As someone mentioned above, that's not really the point.

Then of course, there are the Thai karaoke shops around town with the scantilly clad ladies sitting on stools outside. That, of course, is an entirely different experience.

I asked my GF years ago where all those very pretty Thai girls are.

She took me to a High So Thai only place karaoke kind of thing, owner agreed to let me in only if I would sit in the far away dark corner of the site.

And there it was, Eye Candy Paradise for guy's. Very pretty and sexy girls most wearing (thigh) high boots and skimpy outfits singing their songs and being invited to join a table with some older Thai bizz guy.

Singing was actually not too bad but I get kind of bored of all the slow songs Thai music have so many of.

This is where they get their Mia Noi's from my GF explained.

Have been to some other raunchy Thai only places and I can tell you Patpong in comparison with those places is nothing.

Hey, that place you went to does that computer allow to Pitch shift a song?

And there it was, Eye Candy Paradise for guy's. Very pretty and sexy girls most wearing (thigh) high boots and skimpy outfits singing their songs and being invited to join a table with some older Thai bizz guy.

Uhhh.... I think you are referring to someone of this persuasion... No boots on this night, but everything else pretty much in synch. :o

post-53787-1233510372_thumb.jpg

Alex:

I like the Westin on Sukhumvit. Free karaoke,and a nice place, if a little pricy. But you can nurse your drinks and impress her with the nice city views. Take some friends.

There's another just below the Holiday Inn, Silaom. Karaoke boxes and the BAR area that I love to sing in. I'm all about singing in front of strangers!

I foud a place in Pat Pong but can never remember where it is. The nice one (a pub?) has a one-man band on keyboard/guitar. I tip him well. Nice place.

Songs?

Just Once - James Ingram

Anything by the Eagles - Lying Eyes, New Kid in Town, Tequila SUnrise

Elton John - Your Song, Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me

Bruce Springsteen - Thunder Road

Steely Dan - Deacon Blues

Bill Joel - Just the Way You Are

I like songs that allow me to showcase my actual singing ability. I'm not great, but I try to really be better every time. The key is don't treat it lightly, and to remeber that if YOU like the sound while you are singing, then the AUDIENCE will the sound.

Consider that this is your 3 minute chance to really entertain people. Learn to not use the monitor, make eye contact in the room,and move your body a little.

Bill

Hi all,

Just curious if some of you like to sing a song and what is your favourite song that you sing.

Yes I like to sing and most people tell me I do well, including some bands in Indonesia.

I have two places In Thailand I visit about once a month.

The first place I visit have a live pianist and girl singer.

The songs I sing with her mostly are: Endless love and Tonight I celebrate my love.

Sometimes she ask me to sing : Cocaine, Stairway to heaven and My Way as she tells me she likes them so much when I sing them (me too).

The other place has a limited selection of English songs and mostly I choose: House of the rising sun, Carreles whisper and Let it be, sometimes I use that place to try out new songs.

So I am just curious if anyone of you like singing (Yes I know whe are stick to Karaoke bars but it is fun).

I am just thinking about getting together with a few people that sort of know their voice is good, sing a song and have a pleasant evening at some Karaoke place.

Kind regards,

Alex

Ah, Alex, my friend....

High So Thai only place karaoke ?

You simply must give us a couple of names of places to visit. My GF doesn't know any - she's a good office girl and even Pat Pong scares the bejesus out of her. SHe's always fearful that someone will take for a working girl, being out with a farang.

Please give us some tips on these "nice" places...

I asked my GF years ago where all those very pretty Thai girls are.

She took me to a High So Thai only place karaoke kind of thing, owner agreed to let me in only if I would sit in the far away dark corner of the site.

Singing was actually not too bad but I get kind of bored of all the slow songs Thai music have so many of.

This is where they get their Mia Noi's from my GF explained.

Have been to some other raunchy Thai only places and I can tell you Patpong in comparison with those places is nothing.

Hey, that place you went to does that computer allow to Pitch shift a song?

Ok,

A good starter to let her experience a litlle bit of the darker side of BKK nitelife would be Thonburi plaza.

I think I went into the place on the highest floor but as it was a long time ago I do not remember the name.

That is the place where these older Thai guys find their Mia Noi's, all pretty decent not topless stuff, just skimpy very pretty girls with some good talent.

There are many other clubs/bars in that place and each of them seem to have something a litlle different to offer, just ask to have a peek inside first.

You say you are with a decent office girl, well it all depends how perverted they are inside, some are and they have some pretty weird ideas sometimes.

I once went with a lady friend (decent girl) to a private place (Only friends or invited by friends allowed) and after a few drinks she removed the handbrake so to speak.

But anyway it is about Karaoke and Thonburi plaza offers that and just a litlle bit more.

Bill, it seems you take performing on karaoke stage pretty serious and that is admirable. I mentioned before that many times in hotel bars they have bands playing (speciall Indonesia) and I did sing a few songs but always in duet with a lady singer, I just like that and it will cover some of the weakness as I am not trained in singing at all nor do I practice every week or month. But it is nice to see that there are some other peeps here that do seem to enjoy a good nite of fun with a bit of singing, great!

Alex

Alex, Olden and others.... Can we bit a bit more specific in terms of talking about different karaoke places here, in terms of their basic style.

As in, there's one variety of what I'd call open karaoke, where you're in a bar or restaurant or whatever, and anyone and everyone can just get up and sing in front of the entire audience in the establishment. I know my karaoke singing skills definitely are not up for that level yet, mainly due to lack of karaoke practice and the Thai language singing impediment.

And then there are the karaoke boxes or rooms for rent, where you and your companions (few or many) have a private karaoke machine and set-up, often including the ability to order food, drinks and sometimes companionship -- if one finds ones self in need of such. I'm definitely up for that kind of setting, for joining in with others for Thai songs and doing solos on English language ones. After all, there's always "Hotel California" and others by the Eagles if all else fails. :o

You both talked about some different places, but it was a bit hard to tell whether those individual places are private or all-comers. Thanks, John.

PS - Let myself get talked into a visit to a Thai-Korean karaoke rooms joint on the fourth floor of the Korean plaza near Sukhumvit Soi 12 the other night, because it was late and one of my two Thai female companions had visited there before and knew it to be open late. Had fun with my companions, but the experience at the place was pretty lousy.

Despite promises of English language songs available, they were few and far between, and mostly filled with Filipino-English songs. The entire TV and sound system set-up was all in Korean language characters. The large room for some weird reason had four smallish TVs en banc encased in the wall all showing the same image, instead of one large and easy to read monitor. And, for all this luxury, the place wanted 500 baht per hour, which strikes me as a major ripoff for any local resident. So I gently chewed out my companion who had suggested the place, and she agreed, not likely to go back there again.

But at 11 pm on a weeknight, and on a spur of the moment notion to go for late-night karaoke, I couldn't offer any good suggestions for regular karaoke rooms around lower Sukhumvit, since making an amusing fool of myself singing is a fairly recently acquired habit in Thailand. :D

Ok, when I am back in Thailand next week I will ask my friend that has her own Karaoke bar in Soi Yippun if she perhaps is willing

to share her marketing experience with me. These japanese places are mainly for guys that want company and you won't be able to get in alone unless introduced. I have been in a few and must say it was lot of fun specially if you get to know some of the Japanese guests, good quality sound systems and good choice of English songs. These places you can go and you can just have the girl take care your drinks and snacks and selection of songs.

I personally only sing English songs as my Japanese and Thai is pretty bad. I went once in those bigger places where indeed you go on stage but naaaaaah,

not really my kind of thing. So I guess it is these options, Box, Karaoke with lady service or big place and have to go on stage, with the exception of box the others might have life musiscian and if luck a lady singer.

There is another iteration beyond those 3, but I'm not sure how common it is either in BKK or outside. On a recent trip upcountry, I encountered for the first time a Thai place called a karaoke cafe.

In this version, the customers are not singing at all. But it's like a regular night club with food and drink service, although the entertainment is Thai lady cafe staff members in evening gowns or mini skirts, etc. singing karaoke from the stage. Then, if a patron (man or woman) likes the lady or the singing, the patron can buy a wreath of flowers from the cafe staff and then walk up and place those over the neck of the singer while she is on stage.

Because the singers also only sing one song before being succeeded by the next staff lady singing (and there was probably a rotation of a dozen ladies singing that night), the staff ladies also were available to go and sit and have drinks with the patrons. Though the place I was in, they certainly weren't pushing that. And most were sitting by themselves or back in a side room between their singing duties.

But unlike some of the service lady karaoke places where you're paying by the hour or whatever for the lady's time/companionship, in the case of the karaoke cafe I had visited, they had no such kind of arrangement, as best as I could tell. And the singing ladies needed to stay in the cafe and finish their singing rotations until the 2 am closing time, meaning they weren't going out with anyone at least prior to closing time.

That experience was in a hotel in Korat... But I'm not sure whether that kind of setting is much to be found in BKK or elsewhere...

I love to sing but never in public!

So get a private karaoke room, bring along some friends or folks you otherwise want to torture, and have at it... :o

It gets easier with practice... Add in a couple beers or other alcoholic beverage of your choice, and pretty soon, you're Frank Sinatra reincarnated...