Looking for a Vets in Korat / Advice

I need some advice my wife has decided to help with a dog that was abandoned by a relative in Korat this dog is generally in good condition but has a skin problem which is causing it to constantly scratch and lick the the skin in between its paws and under its chin which looks red and inflamed in patches but after searching the Internet it may be some thing to do with an allergy . Reading different postings on TV it seems that many people only have had negative experiences where vets are concerned. I am hoping some one here may know of a vet’s in the Korat area where we can take the dog and hopefully sort out this problem any suggestion or advice please.

Vets in the NE are much of a muchness. Aren't up to date with the latest research/trends. Have limited technology so generally only do the most basic procedures, or have to open up the dog for what should be keyhole surgery. Unless it is a common disease, they struggle with critical thinking and just treat whatever it is as a common disease. Haven't had much experience with procedures that aren't as common. Some of my vets have never even done a gastropexy (nor knew what it was).  Very limited experience with larger breed dogs (don't understand their needs a different to smaller dogs). Your best bet is just to find a vet that will at least go away and research, rather than completely dismissing what you tell them. One out of the three vets I have seen in my province (bordering Korat) does that. Good luck in your search. 

One of our dogs had a tendency to yeast infections, and Thailand's rain and humidity is great for developing yeast infections. I found more help on the Internet than I did with vets. The vet diagnosed the problem but then the food they suggested was a potato base . . . not good for yeast infections. I found a website that was all holistic treatments, and sorry I don't remember what it was . . . I searched canine yeast infection treatment. Most suggested very expensive tablets that had pretty bad side effects . . . like injuring the animal's liver, etc. The natural remedy site suggested a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in the dogs food morning and night. Took awhile to work but our dog has not had a yeast infection since and we never did give it to him twice a day, just mornings, and we'll continue giving it to him for the rest of his life.

Archived