Retirement visa

Hi I have been living on a retirement visa for quite a few years, getting the income letter from the British Embassy. This year I messed up and applied for the letter too late. will Thai Immigration give you a few more days if you are late, just a few days will be fine.

You will pay an overstay fine of 500 baht for everyday after the date your extension of stay (it is not a visa) ends. You can only be a few days late or they might refuse to accept the application.

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

For the OP, how long does it take to get that letter? Do they verify the income you state is true?

The US embassy is the same day.

Just curious.

British Embassy has an approx 10 days turn around and you are required to produce proof of the pension. Application is done by post tho I have heard you can email the documents to them now and the letter can be used for approx 6mths after issue so no real need to miss the date.

38 minutes ago, Expattaff1308 said:

British Embassy has an approx 10 days turn around and you are required to produce proof of the pension. Application is done by post tho I have heard you can email the documents to them now and the letter can be used for approx 6mths after issue so no real need to miss the date.

OK, wow thanks.

I guess the US people are lucky on this then.  Took me 30 minutes last time.

34 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

OK, wow thanks.

I guess the US people are lucky on this then.  Took me 30 minutes last time.

depends on how you look at it. The Brits can do it via mail (or online too?), we have to  take a trip to the embassy, or go to the outreach circus.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Terry Hand said:

Is the 10 year Retirement Visa available now to proceed

Yes but only at a embassy or official Thai consulate. It is called non-ox visa on the their websites.

18 hours ago, lungbing said:

The British embassy has a stated turn round of 10 working days, but in practice  for the past ten years or more for me it's been by return of post, maybe plus one day.

That, too, has been generally my experience - up until last week, though, when I received my latest income letter 9 working days after the Embassy had received my application!