What finish can I give this old floor?

MaiDong

I ripped up the tiles on my bathroom floor, they were horrible, but now I'm left with pock-marked grout/thin-set.

I wanted to paint the floor with a waterproof paint but I need to do something with this floor first, what's my cheapest option? I don't need longevity as I'm renting and might only be here another year or so.

I would be very happy if I could buy something that goes straight over the top of this...

20180521_121843.thumb.jpg.f04da6434c0f59e3f3fe53f1cd04b801.jpg

I wouldn't be that bothered as like you say it will dry quick anyway, as long as the edges to the walls are well sealed
If your worried then a sand - cement screed is real easy to do with a run off to the drain, only problem is you will end up raising the floor height a fair bit

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I'm going to look at a diamond cup, or similar, for my angle grinder, maybe that'll make quick work of the thinset, as I just tried a stiff metal bristle attachment for my drill and I just seemed to create lots of dust but no difference to the floor ?

I would also latex screed it. The advantage of still having those grout lines is that they are your trowelling level. Just 2 or 3 mm should not be too challenging then use a concrete or roof paint.

The downside to roof paint however is that so often they are such hideous colours!

Archived