Visit Visa to Non Immigrant O -A for British Parents

Wondered if somebody can shed some light, my Mother & Stepfather  both in their 70s are both planning to retire in Thailand both British Citizens and my Stepfather meets all the financial requirements to cover the O -A for both. The original plan was to apply for the Non O -A in London, but I was curious to whether they can just come over on a Visit Visa and apply fot the Non O-A here in Thailand ?

Many Thanks

A OA visa can only be applied for at a Thai embassy.

They could apply for a extensions of stay based upon retirement at immigration here. They would need 800k baht in a Thai bank or proof of 65k baht income or a combination of the 2 totaling 800k baht.

To apply for a the extension they would need a non immigrant visa entry. They could apply for a 90 day non immigrant visa entry (category O) at immigration with a visa exempt entry.

Since they are both over 70 they could get single entry non immigrant O visa at the embassy in London and then the extension here.

It can be done. I picked up one today. Came from Saigon to Bangkok 7 days ago. Was helped through the process with a well connected business associate. I have a Thai bank account that shows $5 million+ and have a long history of conducting legitimate business with Thai companies. Basically contributing to the economy in Thailand for more than 20 years 

There are companies that can assist them. But I am not sure how legitimate those companies are or if the retirement visa obtained from those companies can be revoked or the holder can experience problems in the future. This aspect I have no idea, I have been assured that I will have absolutely no problems in the future, but all situations are different. 

I am sure there are plenty of people on these forums that have acquired the retirement visa or any type of visa in this way and can tell you any pitfalls or problems with this method. 

The point is that it can be done here in Bangkok, just depends on your situation and what level of funding you have and what your intentions are. 

I would say you should get your folks to go through the traditional route and apply through the embassy where they live.