Grab Users (formerly Uber)...How to easily find your destinations in their HORRIBLE app!

Kohsamida

On 5/23/2018 at 7:56 AM, Hummin said:

I just used their app, and again fantastic. Pick up in 3 min at the hotel a side soi close to Terminal 21. The security tried to «grab» 3 passing taxies, but all of them denied to use meter. Picked up my phone, the app found me, I typed my destination, got the pice they would charge (50 baht less han lowest taxi) and in less than 30 sec I had a driver close by accepting my destination and I could accept the car Toyota  vios and the driver. I cant understand the taxies in Bkk will survive with such a great service they have and give.

2. Time I use grab now, and no more Local taxi

Use the app for a few more trips and tell us what you think then...LOL!  Using Grab is a totally hit-or-miss experience.  I’ve had Grab trips work perfectly, but I’d say more than half of my trips get messed up...because of the friggn App!

i totally agree with you about the drivers though...they are the best!  FYI,  they are as unhappy about the App as a lot of customers are.

1 hour ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

You can complain on the website, wich works better then on the app.

i had my company corrected to the correct soi , only they did not remove the one on the wrong  location.

So now i have 2 company's in 1 moobaan.

Terrible app.

Again LOL ?  I tried to log in on their website and the website just hangs up with a message saying it is sending me a verification code by email which never arrives.  SO BAD!

1 hour ago, Kohsamida said:

Again LOL ?  I tried to log in on their website and the website just hangs up with a message saying it is sending me a verification code by email which never arrives.  SO BAD!

Did you use Hotmail ? look in your junk folder.

G-Mail is so much better, did not had any problem receiving the code.

Good luck

14 minutes ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

Did you use Hotmail ? look in your junk folder.

G-Mail is so much better, did not had any problem receiving the code.

Good luck

Yeah I use Gmail and checked spam folder; nothing.  I also tried different browsers (i normally use Chrome).  Im just not having a good experience with Grab at all. ?

50 minutes ago, cracker1 said:

Can not see this icon on my screen.

Can you helpfully suggest what I need to do ?

Thanks

Find the location you want to go to.

Tap "directions" lower right.

Next panel near top shows icons for  car, bus, walking, and figure hailing a taxi.

• Like 2

On 5/25/2018 at 9:28 AM, amexpat said:

Find the location you want to go to.

Tap "directions" lower right.

Next panel near top shows icons for  car, bus, walking, and figure hailing a taxi.

FYI, If you are on desktop, certain things do not appear that do appear on mobile devices.  This might be one.

• 2 months later...

It's a pity uber is gone, fares are much higher than they used to be and promotions are not as good or as common as they once were

I checked grab prices today and used 2 regular taxis instead to experiment 

Journey 1 was 143 on grab and cost 77 in meter taxi 

Journey 2 was 123 on grab and cost 69 in the meter taxi