Thief chased down by boxer as Thai lady gets her phone back

webfact

Thief chased down by boxer as Thai lady gets her phone back

4pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A thief at Union Mall in northern Bangkok picked the wrong place to steal a lady's phone.

Working on some wiring next door was an out of work professional boxer who saw the theft and gave chase.

Dechdin Sornsirirsuphathin, 28 - known in boxing circles as "Petch Singkhorn" - dashed after the thief.

The chase continued out of the mall to half way along Lat Prao Soi 1 when the thief finally ran out of puff and surrendered.

"If he hadn't have stopped I would have knocked him out", said the hero of the hour who has competed in cage fighting tournaments in Thailand and Singapore.

Later investigating officer Pol Lt Col Somphop Nambanthit of the Pahonyothin station presided over a ceremony in which the boxer handed back the Samsung phone to Sisisa Dermma, 33, who had left her property on the counter of the Unlock IT shop that she owns.

Thief Somsak "Boy" Satipha, 32 is in custody. He said he needed money to pay his rent.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-05-23

Source: Daily News

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Working on some wiring next door was an out of work professional boxer

Sound to me that the person that wrote that ain´t wired correctly, and definately not plugged in. Look here Dechdin, it´s coming more work your way.

15 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

So I could be an out of work engineer, working in a coffee shop ? 

You're funny ?

Yep, because you wouldn't be working as an engineer.

"Thief Somsak "Boy" Satipha, 32 is in custody. He said he needed money to pay his rent. "

Did Somsak consider the possibility that his victim also had rent to pay?  Anyway, at least he doesn't have to worry about paying HIS rent now.  (I am assuming that it is not necessary to pay rent while staying in a Thai jail, although I suppose anything is possible in Thailand.)