Pattaya bus to Suvarnabhumi airport

elzach

The info on the Pattaya Bus web page clearly states that it leaves from Thaphraya Rd, every hour till 9 pm. However, when I called them, the woman said from North Pattaya station. I also asked if I can check in 2 bags totaling 25 kg, but communication was very difficult.

Can anyone confirm this? I need to catch the last bus tomorrow night, as my flight is late after midnight.

If for some reason I miss that bus, I can catch the bus to Ekkamai and how late?

Best to go to the station and buy the ticket for the last bus from Thaphraya station in advance...there will be no problem with your bags if they go in the hold.
If you miss the last bus then you'll have to get a taxi...as even the white mini vans stop running about 8-9 pm

She probably misunderstood the question.

2 bags not an issue, but you may have to pay a little extra.

1. Each customer is allowed to have 1 small personal bag that fits in the overhead compartment (very small space) and 1 normal sized checked baggage with the maximum standard size of 48W-29D-76H in centimeter or 19”W-11”D-30”H with maximum linear dimension of 153 cm. and maximum weight of 20 kg. If the size or the weight is more than the standard limit, you will be subject to oversize or overweight charge.
  2. Our system does not accept a booking if customer has more than 3 checked baggage. In that case please input only 3 bags and our staff will check-in additional bags before boarding with additional charges.

Some confusion.

There are two bus services to Suvarnabhumi.

1) From Jomtien bus station (Thappraya rd.), where you have get on your own.

2) From Northern bus station, "Bell Bus" which incl. pickup at hotel/apartment.

1) goes every hour (and I could bet it starts at 8:00 AM)

2) goes every two hours from 9:00 AM

Did I ever experience complaints about baggage size?

No!

To be sure: at Bell Bus you can specify additional bag for a fee.

But now you have to decide whether you want to use 1) or 2).

51 minutes ago, allane said:

airportpattayabus.com

Yep, that's 1)

http://airportpattayabus.com/V2/

2) Bell Bus:

http://www.belltravelservice.com/

Coach schedule:
06:00/09:00/11:00/13:00/15:00/17:00/19:00

Coach fare:
250 THB /person

They pick you up by minivan at most hotels/apartment/condos.

You have to be ready for pickup 30 to 45 min before departure from Northern terminal.

4 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Yep, that's 1)

http://airportpattayabus.com/V2/

2) Bell Bus:

http://www.belltravelservice.com/

They pick you up by minivan at most hotels/apartment/condos.

You have to be ready for pickup 30 to 45 min before departure from Northern terminal.

Thank you so much. Yes the last bus with Bell appears to be at 7 pm, which is too early for me (my flight is at 3 am).

So I guess I'll go to Thaphraya station to catch the 9 pm bus. Getting there at 8-8:15 should be no problem in getting a ticket?

2 minutes ago, elzach said:

Getting there at 8-8:15 should be no problem in getting a ticket? 

You can buy a ticket up to three days in advance for peace of mind.

As an overcautious guy I always went at least a day before :>)

3 hours ago, elzach said:

Thank you so much. Yes the last bus with Bell appears to be at 7 pm, which is too early for me (my flight is at 3 am).

So I guess I'll go to Thaphraya station to catch the 9 pm bus. Getting there at 8-8:15 should be no problem in getting a ticket?

You can take the Not Bell bus from Pattaya Northern to Ekamai BTS up in Bangkok.   They run until 9 or 10 or 11 PM I think.  From Ekami there are several ways to get to BKK airport.  Check the airport link time if you want to go all BTS.  Or catch a taxi from Ekami

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 1:39 PM, elzach said:

I need to catch the last bus tomorrow night, as my flight is late after midnight.

Sure about that? Only takes an accident on the road or a bus breakdown and your schedule is toast.

Going on the second to last bus allows for the unexpected.

Personally, I stay in Bkk the night before a flight.

Just go to Jomtien bus station and buy the ticket one day in advance , then catch the 9 pm bus.  Directly to the aiport..

Do not take the other bus route , it will slow you down and you have to get out of the crazy Bangkok traffic.  

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Sure about that? Only takes an accident on the road or a bus breakdown and your schedule is toast.

Going on the second to last bus allows for the unexpected.

Personally, I stay in Bkk the night before a flight.

You're right and I did think about that. In fact the Roong Reuang bus I was on from Mochit station to Pattaya broke down in March right after the toll booth in BKK. It was afternoon, we waited for 45 min to an hour for the replacement bus to pick us up.

I think many of us can attest that many/most of these buses are near the end, or have exceeded, their serviceable lives.

I ended up taking the bus from Thappraya station.

5 hours ago, balo said:

Just go to Jomtien bus station and buy the ticket one day in advance , then catch the 9 pm bus.  Directly to the aiport..

Do not take the other bus route , it will slow you down and you have to get out of the crazy Bangkok traffic.  

Once at Ekamai there is no problem getting to the airport as the skytrain station is right by the bus depot.

Of course one is better off going direct though. I was always happy with Bell bus, and they pick one up from the accommodation, so not having to wait for the baht bus on Nth road to move, or pay too much in a taxi.

Once at Ekamai there is no problem getting to the airport as the skytrain station is right by the bus depot.
Of course one is better off going direct though. I was always happy with Bell bus, and they pick one up from the accommodation, so not having to wait for the baht bus on Nth road to move, or pay too much in a taxi.
I did that before, but you are losing a lot of time. From Ekamai first BTS that will cost you 40 baht, then switch to the airport train , another 30 minutes wasted and 50 baht.

Archived