retirement visa

Just now, Tanoshi said:

So what are you claiming.

I'm only quoting what you have stated.

Simply that I gave my expeditor 15K, seasoned funds bank letter, passport, address and two photos and she took care of all. I chilled at the beach. Point was OP is creating allot of drama where none exists if you go the retirement route. Just did my renewal, dropped off my docs, picked up my multi-entry the next day. Paid 5K. So I ended up getting 27 months for 20K with a total of 2 hours of my time involved and zero stress. Worth every penny to me, one less thing to worry about.

1 minute ago, JAZZDOG said:

Simply that I gave my expeditor 15K, seasoned funds bank letter, passport, address and two photos and she took care of all. I chilled at the beach. Point was OP is creating allot of drama where none exists if you go the retirement route. Just did my renewal, dropped off my docs, picked up my multi-entry the next day. Paid 5K. So I ended up getting 27 months for 20K with a total of 2 hours of my time involved and zero stress. Worth every penny to me, one less thing to worry about.

So for 15K  you got a 15 month Visa from Jomtien, and you just renewed your Visa for 12 months for 5K 

Would that be baht, dollars, or euros?

I'm confused because you mention a figure of US $600.

Not many places on earth you can get a 15 month visa for US$ 600 just handing off a few documents to an expeditor.

That's over 19,000 baht.

1 minute ago, Tanoshi said:

So for 15K  you got a 15 month Visa from Jomtien, and you just renewed your Visa for 12 months for 5K 

Would that be baht, dollars, or euros?

I'm confused because you mention a figure of US $600.

That's over 19,000 baht.

Baht

10 minutes ago, JAZZDOG said:

Baht

Your evading the question.

Using your 'agent' to obtain a 15 month Visa from Jomtien, did you pay US $600, or 15,000 baht?

If you recently paid 5,000 baht for another 1 year multi entry Visa at Jomtien, then even Immigration are out of pocket.

And lastly, sorry to say, but you currently don't have a Visa, least of all from Jomtien

6 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Your evading the question.

Using your 'agent' to obtain a 15 month Visa from Jomtien, did you pay US $600, or 15,000 baht?

If you recently paid 5,000 baht for another 1 year multi entry Visa at Jomtien, then even Immigration are out of pocket.

And lastly, sorry to say, but you currently don't have a Visa, least of all from Jomtien

Whatever Barney

1 minute ago, JAZZDOG said:

Whatever Barney

Sort of answer I expected.

Fictitious figures thrown around and you don't know what stamp you've got in your passport, because you used an agent, and he told you 'retirement Visa'.

22 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Sort of answer I expected.

Fictitious figures thrown around and you don't know what stamp you've got in your passport, because you used an agent, and he told you 'retirement Visa'.

You just want to argue. I know <deleted> I have, a twelve month multi-entry extension. You like to play your word games, so be it. I know exactly what I paid to have the lady expedite my extensions. Go get a life

13 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Are you claiming you got a 15 month Visa from Jomtien for $600 without any proof of financials.

no, he means that you get in total 15 months (3 months non imm O + one year extention) for a payment of total 600 USD (2000 bht for the 3 month  O visa + 12 months year extention + 15,000 bht to his expeditor, whom he loves so much).

23 minutes ago, JAZZDOG said:

You just want to argue. I know <deleted> I have, a twelve month multi-entry extension. You like to play your word games, so be it. I know exactly what I paid to have the lady expedite my extensions. Go get a life

Not for 5K baht!

Unless that's exclusive of the cost of the extension and multi re-entry permit.

10 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

no, he means that you get in total 15 months (3 months non imm O + one year extention) for a payment of total 600 USD (2000 bht for the 3 month  O visa + 12 months year extention + 15,000 bht to his expeditor, whom he loves so much).

Look here I'm not the one on here two weeks, 100 comments and no closer to getting a simple extension than when I started. A "fixer" who might as well bullshit me as it happans so many times. If you get bullshitted so often maybe you need to go about things a different way. No wander you are so bitter.

12 hours ago, JAZZDOG said:

i don't come here asking questions cause i want to create drama. i ask cause i want to know where i stand legally, i ask cause i did not get sufficient answers from lawyers and immigration officer / web sites. 

and i will not use an agent cause i do not trust them. years of experience taught me not to trust agents in third world countries. 

for example , a friend of mine used an agent to get year visa extention. not in thailand. when he tried to leave that country after 2 years, he was arrewted at the airport. it turned out the immigration stamps were fake.

he gave the agent his passport, and got it back with fake extention stamps !!

he had to sit in jail for few weeks and paid 18000 usd in fines and legal fees !!!

11 hours ago, JAZZDOG said:

Look here I'm not the one on here two weeks, 100 comments and no closer to getting a simple extension than when I started. A "fixer" who might as well bullshit me as it happans so many times. If you get bullshitted so often maybe you need to go about things a different way. No wander you are so bitter.

i am not bitter. and i was not bullshiited. why are you so angry? this forum is very helpful indeed.

there are nice people here who are willing to help, but you are not one of them.

you just want to scream and shout and put people down...and for what?

it's just a freindly forum talk here...no need to get so angry.

11 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

I know exactly what he's got.

600 USD is approximately 19,000 baht. That's the kind of fee an agent charges for obtaining the Non Imm O, extension and multi re-entry permit. The actual cost is 2,000 + 1,900 + 3800.

If he paid his agent 15K on top for a fee, he must have used the one with a large glass window that's see's you coming.

I was just trying to get him to clarify his misleading figures.

What was the 600 USD for. (19,000 baht)

What was the 15K baht for.

11 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

I know exactly what he's got.

600 USD is approximately 19,000 baht. That's the kind of fee an agent charges for obtaining the Non Imm O, extension and multi re-entry permit. The actual cost is 2,000 + 1,900 + 3800.

If he paid his agent 15K on top for a fee, he must have used the one with a large glass window that's see's you coming.

I was just trying to get him to clarify his misleading figures.

What was the 600 USD for. (19,000 baht)

What was the 15K baht for.

money is not the problem here. i dont have a problem paying 15K bht to an agent, if i will really get the visa. problem is that you can't trust those agents. some people in thailand are desperate and will do anything to get some cash, even will use fake immigration stamps. happaned to a friend of mine in another country. he had to sit in jail !!!  

and he had no idea that the extention stamp is fake until he left the country and got arrested at the airport.

21 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

money is not the problem here. i dont have a problem paying 15K bht to an agent, if i will really get the visa. problem is that you can't trust those agents. some people in thailand are desperate and will do anything to get some cash, even will use fake immigration stamps. happaned to a friend of mine in another country. he had to sit in jail !!!  

and he had no idea that the extention stamp is fake until he left the country and got arrested at the airport.

Ok, here is what you do. Go to the IO wherever you're at and ask if there is someone who works there can help you expedite your application. Pretty sure there are officers in every office that would help you for a fee. If they are the ones walking it thru you most likely will suffer minimal resistance ie 6 month lease, landlord pic etc.

If your expeditor is an officer who works there I don't think you will be getting a bogus stamp.

11 hours ago, JAZZDOG said:

Ok, here is what you do. Go to the IO wherever you're at and ask if there is someone who works there can help you expedite your application. Pretty sure there are officers in every office that would help you for a fee. If they are the ones walking it thru you most likely will suffer minimal resistance ie 6 month lease, landlord pic etc.

If your expeditor is an officer who works there I don't think you will be getting a bogus stamp.

Officers that will help me for a fee? I AM affraid that is illegal. i mean, i am really affraid to offer any bribe to any officer, just because it is indeed illegal. the officer who told me to come with a 6 months fee lease also told me " but no need if ..." i don't want to analise it or even ask about it. i guess this is how immigration officers are, not only in thailand. truth is that many immigration officers, all over the world, are confused cause there are so many rules and regulations. i can go tomorrow to another officer and he will tell me something else. anyway i will not let an agent handle my passport, after the horror stories i heard.

3 hours ago, JAZZDOG said:

Some of us have morals and principals. We don't like to condone or encourage corruption.

Don't condemn the man for wanting to do it by the book. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 3:53 PM, Tanoshi said:

Some of us have morals and principals. We don't like to condone or encourage corruption.

You are a guest in a foreign country. Thailand has a long history of independence and hasn’t been tainted with a lot of western influence. Unlike Myanmar, Laos, Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia. Philippines and India (just to list the countries around Thailand), there has never been western colonisation of the Kingdom. And most Thais will be delighted to remind you of this proud fact. The down-side is that your perception of western efficiencies and customs are going to be challenged whenever you want to do just about anything. And there will be times when you will be asked, or invited, to put your hand in your pocket to get something happening – it could be a building project, a visa, getting your accounting done or getting a signature on a contract. If you are running a business in Thailand you’ll be invited more often than if you’re just living the single life here. Be shocked, be angry, be determined to point out your issues with corruption – it’s not going to change a system that has been in place for generations and unlikely to change much during your time in the Kingdom.

On 5/24/2018 at 2:42 AM, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

well that's business, not savings account...my fear is only devaluation of the thai baht, which is aT historic heights

No not at historic heights, then you are talking any where between 40 to 50 baht to the dollar. At present around 32 or so a bit more than a few years ago when it got down to 26, 27, or 28 to the dollar

On 6/6/2018 at 12:12 PM, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

Officers that will help me for a fee? I AM affraid that is illegal. i mean, i am really affraid to offer any bribe to any officer, just because it is indeed illegal. the officer who told me to come with a 6 months fee lease also told me " but no need if ..." i don't want to analise it or even ask about it. i guess this is how immigration officers are, not only in thailand. truth is that many immigration officers, all over the world, are confused cause there are so many rules and regulations. i can go tomorrow to another officer and he will tell me something else. anyway i will not let an agent handle my passport, after the horror stories i heard.

I have been living in Chiang Mai for 8 years and during that time never been asked for a donation by a immigration officer

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 3:53 PM, Tanoshi said:

OK, now go to the OPs new post about how he gave the hospital a false name and then wondered how they had a copy of his PP. Bull shit on that !

On 6/6/2018 at 11:54 AM, JAZZDOG said:

Ok, here is what you do. Go to the IO wherever you're at and ask if there is someone who works there can help you expedite your application. Pretty sure there are officers in every office that would help you for a fee.

Anyone know if its possible to get a retirement visa in CM , by means of paying a fee, rather than having money in the bank and any other bits of paper ?

Envelope and no questions asked .

On 6/9/2018 at 1:46 AM, moe666 said:

No not at historic heights, then you are talking any where between 40 to 50 baht to the dollar. At present around 32 or so a bit more than a few years ago when it got down to 26, 27, or 28 to the dollar

few years ago the thai baht was 26, 27, or 28?

this must be many many years ago, cause no chart show those prices.

thai baht now is at ALL TIME HIGH, and by all times i mean the highest point in

the past 15 years.

from here thai baht can only get worse, cause that is the trend in many other developing economies, like

brazil , south africa and argentina.

13 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

few years ago the thai baht was 26, 27, or 28?

this must be many many years ago, cause no chart show those prices.

thai baht now is at ALL TIME HIGH, and by all times i mean the highest point in

the past 15 years.

from here thai baht can only get worse, cause that is the trend in many other developing economies, like

brazil , south africa and argentina.

Wrong again, Baht has ranged from around 28 1/2 to 36 1/2 over the past ten years.

Between 2010-2013 in the high 20s

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 3:03 PM, sanemax said:

Anyone know if its possible to get a retirement visa in CM , by means of paying a fee, rather than having money in the bank and any other bits of paper ?

Envelope and no questions asked .

Of course not