Wire fire unplugs East Pattaya

Rimmer

Wire fire unplugs East Pattaya

image.png

PATTAYA:--A battery of utility companies mobilized to repair cables near Sukhumvit Soi 87 after the wires caught fire.

The Provincial Electricity Authority was first on the scene after firefighters extinguished the May 12 blaze, which plunged the neighborhood into darkness. The PEA got the lights back on around 10 p.m. and cable-television, internet and telephone companies came out the next day to fix their respective spaghetti jumbles.

It took an entire day to clean up the large collection of wires. The messy jumble of old and new lines was the reason for the fire, which occurs in other areas on a regular basis as utilities continue to string new lines without removing old ones.

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2018-05-25

Wouldn't it be nice if they actually used accepted standards for the wiring and, assuming they have some, protective devices? The system they currently use (I am assuming they consider to have a system) would make Heath Robinson look like an amateur.

Edited by gandalf12

2 hours ago, gandalf12 said:

Wouldn't it be nice if they actually used accepted standards for the wiring and, assuming they have some, protective devices? The system they currently use (I am assuming they consider to have a system) would make Heath Robinson look like an amateur.

You're assuming to much,,,,,, They Don't have a system at all,,,,,

Probably running 300 amps through a 30 amp cable might have something to do with it.rice farmers don't make good electrical engineers.i once tried to replace mamas outside light.3 black cables and all testing live.i gave up but her nephew came along and fitted it.thai electricity is an unknown force not to be messed with.ive had many belts off it and thailand should now claim the hub of electric shocks.

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 12:50 PM, happy chappie said:

Probably running 300 amps through a 30 amp cable might have something to do with it.rice farmers don't make good electrical engineers.i once tried to replace mamas outside light.3 black cables and all testing live.i gave up but her nephew came along and fitted it.thai electricity is an unknown force not to be messed with.ive had many belts off it and thailand should now claim the hub of electric shocks.

Absolutely vital to have an RCB safety device on the incoming wires. Those things have probably saved thousands of lives in LOS. Mine saved me at least twice.

When I moved to the village I replaced the low rated wire that supplied the house in it's entirety. Overheating wire is not a good thing in a wooden house.

It was an interesting exercise though, seeing just how badly a house can be wired and still function.

Also interesting was seeing how wire melts when the village "electrician" wires something directly to earth while by passing the circuit breaker.