Gate Slider foundation, also auto remote supplier

cheeryble

45 minutes ago, grollies said:

When's the furniture arriving?

A few weeks ago. 

We have our chairs but are waiting on me to finish them and make a table, also I'm probably going to make the kitchen cabinets.

That is a task to come after I've finished and fitted the internal doors.

IMG_1903-3.jpeg.98bfd658c36d1f726b1fc13bc8ea821f.jpegIMG_1909-3.jpeg.70676c16ce561c3cde236bdd677d3d38.jpegIMG_1913-3.jpeg.d3f410e0d31c6b5af78b8f27327d1bac.jpegIMG_1912-3.jpeg.cbf2d0aede44c59afcd3d1c38e67a2dc.jpeg

At the moment we are using plastic chairs and tables

3 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

A few weeks ago. 

We have our chairs but are waiting on me to finish them and make a table, also I'm probably going to make the kitchen cabinets.

That is a task to come after I've finished and fitted the internal doors.

IMG_1903-3.jpeg.98bfd658c36d1f726b1fc13bc8ea821f.jpeg

At the moment we are using plastic chairs and tables

Lovely work.

Amazing what a difference a little indentation makes for the seat comfort.

Always noticed that on barstools.

When I was renovating my wooden yacht.....5 years in bits.....myself and others had started using angle grinders with coarse sanding discs to shape wood and joints. It was surprising how accurate one could become, and one could go from the coarsest grades to a bit finer for the finish if necessary. Did this ever take on with general woodwork or would I be called a Philistine?

5 hours ago, cheeryble said:

Lovely work.

Amazing what a difference a little indentation makes for the seat comfort.

Always noticed that on barstools.

When I was renovating my wooden yacht.....5 years in bits.....myself and others had started using angle grinders with coarse sanding discs to shape wood and joints. It was surprising how accurate one could become, and one could go from the coarsest grades to a bit finer for the finish if necessary. Did this ever take on with general woodwork or would I be called a Philistine?

The chairs are not my work But are good value as they are old growth teak.

As to using angle grinders to shape wood, some people do use them but for me a Festool  Rotex 150 in rotary mode and a 50 grit disk is very aggressive and will do the same job as fast as(or faster than) an angle grinder but will also go all the way to 4000 grit to put a virtual mirror finish on almost any surface.

In my opinion it's the finished item that is the definition of a woodworker and the way you get there is up to you.

People who say you can only use certain tools or joining methods are showing their ignorance. If it looks good, will survive and not break it's woodwork. 

• Like 1