2 months?

I am planning to apply for a Non-O based on retirement at the end of my Non- based on marriage. Can someone please confirm that the 800k have had to be in the bank for 2 months only the first time I apply?

Are you an non-o visa issued by a embassy or consulate or a one year extension of stay based upon marriage.

If on a one year extension issued by immigration the 800k baht will have to be in the bank for 3 months.

If on a 90 day entry from a non-o visa it will need to be in the bank for 60 days.

The 800k must to stay in your account for 3 months, count from the day that you apply for retirement visa or you can get the certify letter from your embassy to say that you have income 800k or more per year. 

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Are you an non-o visa issued by a embassy or consulate or a one year extension of stay based upon marriage.

If on a one year extension issued by immigration the 800k baht will have to be in the bank for 3 months.

If on a 90 day entry from a non-o visa it will need to be in the bank for 60 days.

I am here on a 1 year Non-O based on marriage from Savannakhet so I guess that means 2 months?

19 minutes ago, pontious said:

The embassy proof of income is Baht 65,000 per month - not 800,000 Baht

Unless they have recently changed the rules the 800 k in the bank is an alternative. 

4 minutes ago, Becker said:

I am here on a 1 year Non-O based on marriage from Savannakhet so I guess that means 2 months?

Yes

You will need it to be in the bank for 60 days which is what the rules state.

2 hours ago, Becker said:

Unless they have recently changed the rules the 800 k in the bank is an alternative. 

That is true - I was correcting the poster that said for embassy letter you needed to show 800,000 baht or more. That is not correct.

4 hours ago, pontious said:

The embassy proof of income is Baht 65,000 per month - not 800,000 Baht

65000 /month is ok.

If you are applying for the first time you must have  800,000 THB in the bank for 3 months, next year requires for 2 months.

9 hours ago, MissApple said:

If you are applying for the first time you must have  800,000 THB in the bank for 3 months, next year requires for 2 months.

It is the reverse of what you wrote. For the first extension it is 60 days and then 3 months after that. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MissApple said:

The 800k must to stay in your account for 3 months, count from the day that you apply for retirement visa or you can get the certify letter from your embassy to say that you have income 800k or more per year. 

The full financial requirements for an extension based on retirement are;

Must have evidence of having income of no less than Baht 65,000 per month: or

On the filing date, the applicant must have funds deposited in a bank in Thailand of no
less than Baht 800,000 for the past three months. For the first year only, the applicant must
have proof of a deposit account in which said amount of funds has been maintained for no
less than 60 days prior to the filing date: or

Must have an annual earning and fluids deposited with a bank totaling no less than
Baht 800,0000 as of the filing date.

On 5/25/2018 at 2:48 PM, ubonjoe said:

Just wondering, do the 800k baht have to be 3 month before applying for a new 1 year visa, or 90 days? 

6 minutes ago, Thierry Itsara said:

Just wondering, do the 800k baht have to be 3 month before applying for a new 1 year visa, or 90 days? 

The rules state 3 months after the first extension.

It is 60 days for the first extension of a 90 day entry from a non-o visa.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, MissApple said:

65000 /month is ok.

You are wrong, misinformation is very dangerous and you should refrain from posting if you are prone to guessing.