Bangkok To London In April

andy1308

This may help someone - but I have just booked a return flight on Emirates from Bangkok to London Gatwick (but Heathrow was also available) in early April for little more than 26,000 baht inc. taxes. The transit time in Dubai is good too - only a couple of hours in each direction.

I could be wrong, but I think this is pretty cheap. It's certainly a lot cheaper than other airlines I was looking at for the same period.

This may help someone - but I have just booked a return flight on Emirates from Bangkok to London Gatwick (but Heathrow was also available) in early April for little more than 26,000 baht inc. taxes. The transit time in Dubai is good too - only a couple of hours in each direction.

I could be wrong, but I think this is pretty cheap. It's certainly a lot cheaper than other airlines I was looking at for the same period.

I have been checking out the same from Chiang mai and have been told if i can wait to May, that Thai airways have some special offers coming up.

Around 26k maybe worth waiting for.......check it out.

Who did you book Emirates with?

Edited by Domyamkung

I booked with expedia.co.uk - and they do accept Thai-issued credit cards. I did have to play around with dates to get the cheapest deal; luckily I was a little bit flexible on that. The dates I originally planned worked out at more than 33,000 baht inc. taxes so I was pretty amazed to get this price, especially when Thai Airways and the like are coming in at more than 40,000 baht at the moment.

Like I said, it might be of use to someone, somewhere.

l for little more than 26,000 baht inc. taxes.
You can be happy with that price but it's probably an outside seat :D
I have been checking out the same from Chiang mai and have been told if i can wait to May, that Thai airways have some special offers coming up.

Around 26k maybe worth waiting for.......check it out.

I wouldn't set your heart on it Thai aren't usually competitive outward bound on Bangkok but could be a first. :o

I booked with expedia.co.uk - and they do accept Thai-issued credit cards. I did have to play around with dates to get the cheapest deal; luckily I was a little bit flexible on that. The dates I originally planned worked out at more than 33,000 baht inc. taxes so I was pretty amazed to get this price, especially when Thai Airways and the like are coming in at more than 40,000 baht at the moment.

Like I said, it might be of use to someone, somewhere.

What about Emirates' own website? I'm looking to buy for mid march and also have some flexibility to try different dates for a good price - it will be to Paris, but I imagine the prices will be similar.

You have done very well indeed. I have just paid 4000 baht more than you for a return flight to the U.K. during March. However, my flight was for specific dates and valid for 3 months with changes acceptable and short connection times in Dubai.

Be aware that Dubai airport is a nightmare at present due to building works etc. If I were not a F/F I would opt for Etihad or Qatar airlines.

The tickets I purchased are valid for six months but with restrictions and pretty strict penalties for changing names, dates, etc, but I don't forsee any need for that. I was just looking for the cheapest flight back to the UK and was surprised just how cheap it was. I paid that price for the one-way ticket when I first came out here last June!

I'm a fan or Emirates anyway and have been through Dubai a couple of times. I know it's not the best place in the world right now because of the building work, etc. but it's a lot better than some airports I have been to. It's a small price to pay, as they say. <smiles>

Going the opposite way last May I paid about 29,000 baht (£440 GBP) and again in Sept. At present my flights for this may are looking to be about £470ish (about 31,000 baht) so them prices look pretty good

Did read on another forum about super cheap flights starting July but cant remember the name of the operator, think it may of been a new Asian one? Or Singapore air possibly?

Just a reminder, I'm sure you are all aware, that there is now a new "Green Tax" that the British Govt. has introduced over the last couple of days.

So when you depart the UK an economy class seat on a long haul flight now has a 40 pounds surtax on it, and a Business or First class seat on a long haul flight has an 80 pound surcharge on it. The Govt announced this tax last budget to get the airlines to help pay to fight the pollution they were causing, they in turn just passed it onto the customer!! So if you have paid for your tickets aleady then you may be asked to stump up more when you arrive to depart the country.

Just a reminder, I'm sure you are all aware, that there is now a new "Green Tax" that the British Govt. has introduced over the last couple of days.

So when you depart the UK an economy class seat on a long haul flight now has a 40 pounds surtax on it, and a Business or First class seat on a long haul flight has an 80 pound surcharge on it. The Govt announced this tax last budget to get the airlines to help pay to fight the pollution they were causing, they in turn just passed it onto the customer!! So if you have paid for your tickets aleady then you may be asked to stump up more when you arrive to depart the country.

Hi mickmac

I think its 40 pounds for European and 80 pounds for long-haul flights taking off after 1 feb 07, irrespective of when they were booked or class of seat. In other words you WILL be charged this additional 'UK rip-off tax' on ALL flights now from Blighty.If British Govt were that worried about going 'Green', why is public transport run on diesel engines. Its just the latest UK rip-off. :D

Dave :o

Thai airways have direct flight return flight from Paris at 550 euros in May and June also.

From Bangkok KUWAIT AIR is the cheapest, even cheaper than GULF AIR.

Hi mickmac

I think its 40 pounds for European and 80 pounds for long-haul flights taking off after 1 feb 07, irrespective of when they were booked or class of seat. In other words you WILL be charged this additional 'UK rip-off tax' on ALL flights now from Blighty.If British Govt were that worried about going 'Green', why is public transport run on diesel engines. Its just the latest UK rip-off. :D

Sorry Dave..... but it is (on longhaul flights) £40 for economy and £80 for Biz and First... but you're right, it is a bleeding ripoff!

Hi mickmac

hi,

here is a link to the HM revenue and customs page regarding the APD.

http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPortalW...tyType=document

Edited by frankthetank

Various searches, cheapest found @

Cheapflights.co.uk

To: Bangkok, Thailand (BKK)

Travel valid from: Apr 10, 2007

Travel valid until: Jun 30, 2007

Book by: Feb 28, 2007

Airline: Qatar Airways

£369 Rtn

Taxes & Fees

Incl.

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for the info. I think you'll find that most of Qatar's flights at those fares will be sold out when you try to book. I remember hearing they only have something like ten seats available on each flight at the price - just for the purposes of being able to advertise the low price. Also, those fares are from London - the costs are different when you book from this end; sometimes more, sometimes less. If you're in Thailand there are only a few UK-based websites that will let you book flights from BKK online.

I am sure people will find your post useful, so thanks again.

Andy.