Bus To Bkk

I need to go to BKK to buy a few bits n pieces. Absolutely broke at the moment so considering the Ferry/Bus.

Do I need my head examining or is it bearable?

Any advice ????

everydaysthesame

examining head doesn't hurt - by bus travel the great majority of thai and foreigners.

drink water, sleep, read book, practice you thai on girsl/boys

thanks

how long does it take, is there more than 1 way to get there? Any recommended companys?

cheers

Takes about 12 hours.Heading from Lamai, the bus Depot is just before Nathon on the left,I think just after the bridge.I recommend you take the VIP bus. Large reclining seats & I think only takes 25 passengers.

If your broke............their is a cheaper option.

Go to Nathon, to a travel agent called 'Bamboo House' next to SCB. The buses aren't as comfortable( 36 seat?) as the one Rooo suggested, but cheaper. I've used this company for 6 years and never had any problems.

Why not take the sleeper train from Surat Thani to Bangkok ?

totster :o

Just to be sure, Totster, isn't that more expensive than a bus? As I understand it, the OP is wanting the cheapest way. But agree with you that it's more comfortable in the right class.

I took the bus once. About 60km out of BKK we hit traffic. The entire trip from my door to being let off in BKK was something like 14 hours. I will NEVER do that again.

What do you mean you are broke?

A cheap flight to BKK is about 2,500 baht. The VIP bus is just under 1,000. Are you telling me that you have money to buy things in BKK but can't afford an extra 1,500 for plane fare?

Maybe you should hitchhike....

I'm going to BKK to buy some stuff to send back to UK to make some money. Makes sense to do this as cheap as possible in order to make as much profit as possible. simple really.

2,500 x 2 = 5,000

1,000 x 2 = 2000

save 3000 baht.

Or perhaps he is looking to spend the 3000 baht that has been saved on some 'recreational activity' whilst up in the smoke.

I hear they put a sleeping gas in the air system and when everyone is passed out they go through everybodys wallets and take their money. Also, some people have had their private parts played with too while passed out on the gas!

Take a scuba regulator with you when you go!

I'd rather walk.

I hear they put a sleeping gas in the air system and when everyone is passed out they go through everybodys wallets and take their money. Also, some people have had their private parts played with too while passed out on the gas!

Take a scuba regulator with you when you go!

I'd rather walk.

I think you would have a bit of a WARNING when you see a driver with a scuba mask on :o:D:D :D

Edit,had to contain myself lmaoooooooooo.

Edited by Rooo