Booking Ticket With Airasia

totlanh

Hi,

Yesterday i was attempting to book tickets on the Airasia web page travelling Bkk/Hanoi,however they are looking for passport numbers.Now that is fine for everyone but me as i need to renew my Irish passport which could take at least 2 weeks.Being a tad impatient i would like to book now particuarly as i am being offered good prices.So does anyone know if perhaps i could book using my present passport number and then inform them of my new number when i recieve it.Im not travelling until June BTW.Any advice/opinions would be greatly appreciated!!

Hi,

Yesterday i was attempting to book tickets on the Airasia web page travelling Bkk/Hanoi,however they are looking for passport numbers.Now that is fine for everyone but me as i need to renew my Irish passport which could take at least 2 weeks.Being a tad impatient i would like to book now particuarly as i am being offered good prices.So does anyone know if perhaps i could book using my present passport number and then inform them of my new number when i recieve it.Im not travelling until June BTW.Any advice/opinions would be greatly appreciated!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Should be no problem,hapens to me, but show you two passports (old en new)when you check in.

Hi,

no problem. air asia has no system whatsoever anyway so they wouldnt figure out anyway : -) just be prepared for delays and strict weight control on your luggage.

Any advice/opinions would be greatly appreciated!!

That shouldn't be a problem. If asked, your story certainly checks out as your passport would be newly-issued. You may want to make/keep a photocopy of the front page of your old passport (showing the passport number used with the booking). That said, I've never noticed AirAsia matching IDs all that closely. When I fly domestically within Thailand, I usually check in using my driver's licence rather than my passport, obviously not the ID I used when making the booking.

Slightly off-topic......I want to book tickets but only have a debit card with me - can i book flights off the malaysia site that is supposed to accept debit cards, even though I am living in Thailand and will fly out of Bkk...has anyone ever done this?? Regards, alix

Slightly off-topic......I want to book tickets but only have a debit card with me - can i book flights off the malaysia site that is supposed to accept debit cards, even though I am living in Thailand and will fly out of Bkk...has anyone ever done this?? Regards, alix

Do you mean you select Malaysia as a country so you can get the web site in English? Yes thats OK, if you select your flight even if departures and arrivals are in Thailand and you follow through with the payment proceedure you will be sent the details of your eticket. no problems.

I used a credit card but I dont see why you shouldn't use a debit card.

I note that Airasia are claiming a 99%sale for all seats booking between now and Feb7 and travelling until the end of July,well i say <deleted>!!i priced my flight last week ands for a return flight BKK/HAN for 3 it was working out around 15000THB.Guess what,same price last night,what a great sale.....NOT!!!!

Edited by totlanh

My Uk debit card didnt work so ended up going to the airport to get them - ended up costing an extra 200bht per person at the counter than over the net - they wouldnt let me have the A fare for returning at 699B so ended up costing more than on the net. She said something about internet promo :o whatever !

Anyway - booked now :D

My Uk debit card didnt work so ended up going to the airport to get them - ended up costing an extra 200bht per person at the counter than over the net - they wouldnt let me have the A fare for returning at 699B so ended up costing more than on the net. She said something about internet promo :o whatever !

Anyway - booked now :D

Shame, thats interesting, my UK credit card worked, I guess you couldn't find Tesco's :D enjoy your trip.

Edited by Mahout Angrit

Yeh I was going to go to Tesco to book at the booth - but then a couple of new japanese guys showed up at the gym and one had collected the wrong suitcase from the airport. So I took the oppurtunity to tag along whilst they tried to sort out their baggage problem. Thanks for your help with this anyway - no doubt I'll be flying to Phuket in a few weeks again so will try one of the booths. Apparently there is also a AirAsia and Thai airways booth at the top of the escalators in Carrefour at Thailand Cultural Centre - not seen it but been told.

Thought this might be helpful for people reading this....

At Tesco Lotus Booth, customers can book their flight at least 6 Hours Before Your Flight Departure and make immediate payment by Visa, Master Card or Cash. Tesco Lotus Sales Booth 5 branches are Bangkapi Bangyai Minburi Rangsit Sukhumvit 50 (Onnut) Everyday 9 am - 8 pm

So the Carrefour thing might not be accurate - the above came from an AirAsia member of staff :o