Possible to buy a new 2018 Porsche 718 Cayman in Chiang Mai?

Santogold

A massive troll post. Conservative cost in T'land 2,000,000 baht, but with import taxes, custom bribes, and the like, probably closer to 2.5 mil  baht. But i have read on these pages that some guys do have that kind of cash on hand.  good on 'ya mate!  enjoy the ride.

I note that you might be a new member to the 'elite of expat Thailand,' with 23 posts.  Perhaps you have a lot to learn about fast cars here.  I know i did before i ordered my Ferrari !

1 hour ago, jenny2017 said:

Please see Supercar Chiang Mai on Facebook

If you need somebody to drive it from Bangkok to Chiang Mai, please page me. 

I checked out their FB page as you suggested. It looks like a page that just takes pictures of nice cars seen in CM - am I missing something? I sent them a message asking if they knew where Porsches can be purchased in CM though. 

1 hour ago, chingmai331 said:

A massive troll post. Conservative cost in T'land 2,000,000 baht, but with import taxes, custom bribes, and the like, probably closer to 2.5 mil  baht. But i have read on these pages that some guys do have that kind of cash on hand.  good on 'ya mate!  enjoy the ride.

I note that you might be a new member to the 'elite of expat Thailand,' with 23 posts.  Perhaps you have a lot to learn about fast cars here.  I know i did before i ordered my Ferrari !

My post wasn't/isn't a troll post. I did a search on the forums, and also searched Google, and couldn't find any concrete info so I made this thread. 

11 hours ago, chingmai331 said:

Please point me to the place where one of these can be had for 2.5 million baht!!!...

11 hours ago, chingmai331 said:

7-8.5m baht 

Call the dealer in BKK.  After receiving your deposit, they will fly somebody up to CM to discuss the details and get the contract signed.  They deliver by truck to your door.  That is how I got mine.

I haven't seen a dealer here but I believe I have seen one or two of them driving around now and again. Once you get yours you may see people waving their pinkie finger at you as you drive by. Enjoy your status symbol.

In real life only an imbecile would spend that amount of money on a car worth just a small fraction of the price.

In real life there are people who have money. Starting price overseas is $56,350. That is not an expensive car. Many people here could spend that money without even thinking. 

Just because you're on a pension eking it out here doesn't mean others were very financially successful in life. 

23 hours ago, chingmai331 said:

I really had problems to drive my Lamborghini through Isaan because of cows, buffaloes on two and four legs, but after installing bicycle rims, it's okay now.

Is it possible that we've got a new member with very low self-esteem? 

6 hours ago, IsaanFam said:

If that were a radio ad there'd be a fast talking guy at the end with the disclaimer "price does not include....................................................................................................................................................

................................................................................................................................................................

................................................................................................................................................................, etc."

15 hours ago, TooPoopedToPop said:

The OP is either trolling for fun, or he is a Walter Mitty who thinks he's a Hi-So Thai.

In real life only an imbecile would spend that amount of money on a car worth just a small fraction of the price.

What a load of jealous nonsense.

Maybe the OP makes / made a lot of money?  Maybe the OP received a large inheritance?  Maybe the OP invested wisely?  Whatever the case, if the OP has the money to buy a Porsche Cayman, all power to him!

On 5/27/2018 at 5:09 PM, chingmai331 said:

Sorry, ......you think 2.5m Baht is a lot of money ?

33 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Some people struggle to comprehend that not everyone is a penny counting peasant like themselves 

Why do you think there is so much outrage when the price of beer goes up a couple of thb or so many threads about the price of things in general? 

Vehicle Import Tariff is 80%. Exise tax based on CO2 emissions is 10%-50%. Interior Tax is 10%. VAT is 7%.

"With the four combined taxes, import vehicles cost 116% - 328% more than declared prices and Thai buyers have to shoulder all these taxes" Mr. Somsak said. 

You can Google "Grey Market Pleads for Duty Cut" for the article.

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 12:10 PM, TooPoopedToPop said:

The OP is either trolling for fun, or he is a Walter Mitty who thinks he's a Hi-So Thai.

9 hours ago, mstevens said:

What a load of jealous nonsense.

Maybe the OP makes / made a lot of money?  Maybe the OP received a large inheritance?  Maybe the OP invested wisely?  Whatever the case, if the OP has the money to buy a Porsche Cayman, all power to him!

Hogwash.

Idiots are idiots no matter how much or how little money they have.

Buying a luxury car at grossly inflated prices here in Thailand would certainly put you in that category.

Back in Farangland you might get your money's worth, but not here.

This thread is a lot of hot air. It's doubtful that even one of these members has paid the full price - taxes and extras included - of a really flash car.

And even if they did, what would they look like driving it?  An old plug-ugly behind the wheel of a Ferrari or Lambo trying to impress people.

That's as ludicrous as it is comical.

Just stating the obvious: If you can afford that car then you can afford to board a plane in first class seating and fly down to Bangkok, purchase the car, and arrange for it to be chauffeur driven back to Chiang Mai for you.

37 minutes ago, TooPoopedToPop said:

Hogwash.

Idiots are idiots no matter how much or how little money they have.

Buying a luxury car at grossly inflated prices here in Thailand would certainly put you in that category.

Back in Farangland you might get your money's worth, but not here.

This thread is a lot of hot air. It's doubtful that even one of these members has paid the full price - taxes and extras included - of a really flash car.

And even if they did, what would they look like driving it?  An old plug-ugly behind the wheel of a Ferrari or Lambo trying to impress people.

That's as ludicrous as it is comical.

You're so damn right about your words. Would the OP be genuine, he'd just fly to Bangkok, get things sorted out and drive the damn thing back to Chiang Mai. I wouldn't let someone else drive my new Supercar.

10 hours ago, Jip99 said:

Do you think that I can buy the newest Ferrari California model in Sisaket? It's only 23. 32 Million baht, not too expensive I think. But of course with wood, leather, etc.. 

On 5/27/2018 at 10:09 PM, chingmai331 said:

Price for the new 2018 Cayman in Thailand is from 6 million Baht to 8.1 million baht.   Good luck finding one for 2.5 million.

Personally I prefer the Panamera.   12 million baht, plus the cost of the driver (say 30,000 - 40,000 baht a month).

19 hours ago, IsaanFam said:

They're in England - the UK Autocentre sign is a clue.  That is the true value of the vehicle.  If paying the price of 3 of them to get one blows your skirt up, good luck.

19 hours ago, IsaanFam said:

That might be the minimum deposit to get financed. 

38 minutes ago, Cranky said:

They're in England - the UK Autocentre sign is a clue.  That is the true value of the vehicle.  If paying the price of 3 of them to get one blows your skirt up, good luck.

Aeeh, your wife's skirt, perhaps? Are you wearing skirts from time to time? 

1 hour ago, seancbk said:

Price for the new 2018 Cayman in Thailand is from 6 million Baht to 8.1 million baht.   Good luck finding one for 2.5 million.

Personally I prefer the Panamera.   12 million baht, plus the cost of the driver (say 30,000 - 40,000 baht a month).

I do it for 29,999 baht. Please page me. 

Archived