Possible to buy a new 2018 Porsche 718 Cayman in Chiang Mai?

Santogold

2 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

Do you think that I can buy the newest Ferrari California model in Sisaket? It's only 23. 32 Million baht, not too expensive I think. But of course with wood, leather, etc.. 

Different gravy, 23,000,000 Baht IS a lot of money...

12 hours ago, Ks45672 said:

Some people struggle to comprehend that not everyone is a penny counting peasant like themselves 

Why do you think there is so much outrage when the price of beer goes up a couple of thb or so many threads about the price of things in general? 

You and others are missing the point...

How likely is it that a really wealthy person is going to show up on a forum famous for harboring quite a few penny pinchers, and ask information about supercars?

I mean...seriously?

Isn't it easier to contact directly the dealer in Bangkok and get reliable information directly from the horse mouth?

The OP is probably an agitator kicking the hornet nest to brighten his day off...

10 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

You and others are missing the point...

How likely is it that a really wealthy person is going to show up on a forum famous for harboring quite a few penny pinchers, and ask information about supercars?

I mean...seriously?

Isn't it easier to contact directly the dealer in Bangkok and get reliable information directly from the horse mouth?

The OP is probably an agitator kicking the hornet nest to brighten his day off...

And getting off reading these answers....

Try The Sun. They are on the superhighway, about 200m before Central Festival when coming from Maya. I know the place because I buy durians from the seller in their courtyard (110 thb / Kg, more in my budget than the cars sold there).

On 5/28/2018 at 1:52 PM, Dante99 said:

Call the dealer in BKK.  After receiving your deposit, they will fly somebody up to CM to discuss the details and get the contract signed.  They deliver by truck to your door.  That is how I got mine.

Wonderful, thank you. I figured it would be easier to get it serviced if there is a local dealer but sounds like getting it in BKK is the only option. 

On 5/28/2018 at 3:35 PM, narkeddiver said:

I’m confused - from another post you are wanting a discount on the BMW you are buying in 3 months - are you buying both a BMW and a Porsche?

personally I have a different ‘super’ car for everyday of the week

I made another thread asking about a BMW (didn't mention anything about 3 months though - maybe that was someone else). I am only buying one car. I wanted to get info about the different cars I'm considering, thus, the two different threads.

23 hours ago, IsaanFam said:

A zero on the end of the price ?

8 hours ago, seancbk said:

Price for the new 2018 Cayman in Thailand is from 6 million Baht to 8.1 million baht.   Good luck finding one for 2.5 million.

Personally I prefer the Panamera.   12 million baht, plus the cost of the driver (say 30,000 - 40,000 baht a month).

Maybe the Cayman is more practical for traveling, carrying. IMHO If I had a Panamera I would also want an SUV .

16 hours ago, TooPoopedToPop said:

And even if they did, what would they look like driving it?  An old plug-ugly behind the wheel of a Ferrari or Lambo trying to impress people.

That's as ludicrous as it is comical.

In one of the episodes of "Big Train" (addressed to older men thinking of buying a sports car):

"Please don't do it, you may think it's a great idea, but you'll just look like a smear of s*** on a diamond".

On 5/27/2018 at 10:09 PM, chingmai331 said:

A massive troll post. Conservative cost in T'land 2,000,000 baht, but with import taxes, custom bribes, and the like, probably closer to 2.5 mil  baht. But i have read on these pages that some guys do have that kind of cash on hand.  good on 'ya mate!  enjoy the ride.

I note that you might be a new member to the 'elite of expat Thailand,' with 23 posts.  Perhaps you have a lot to learn about fast cars here.  I know i did before i ordered my Ferrari !

yeah, B2.5M, golly, that must be more than 58kGBP--nearly a year's retirement for some

"An old plug-ugly behind the wheel of a Ferrari or Lambo trying to impress people."

What difference does it make what you look like when you drive a nice car? 

Sooner or later, this happens to everyone (aging). 

Why is it people have such a hard time comprehending that some people have a lot more money than average? And is posting on ThaiVisa only for poor people? 

11 hours ago, elgenon said:

Maybe the Cayman is more practical for traveling, carrying. IMHO If I had a Panamera I would also want an SUV .

I'm guessing you have no idea what the 718 Cayman actually is.

The 718 Cayman is a 2 seater, similar to the 911 (but cheaper)

https://www.zigwheels.co.th/en/new-cars/porsche/718

I think you were thinking of the Cayenne, which is the Porsche SUV

56 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

Why is it people have such a hard time comprehending that some people have a lot more money than average? And is posting on ThaiVisa only for poor people? 

Do "people" have a hard time comprehending ? Methinks not; perhaps there is a natural feeling of revulsion and disgust at people who publicly flaunt relatively extreme wealth in contexts where relative poverty is salient.

The only average person I ever met was so nondescript I can't remember them ?

~o:37;

7 hours ago, smotherb said:

No,  just a mental calculation; 42.5  into 25

I'm not that confident the exchange rate won't change from day to day, so I check daily. Don't check the gold price as often, because IMHO there's only one way for it to go.

16 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I'm not that confident the exchange rate won't change from day to day, so I check daily. Don't check the gold price as often, because IMHO there's only one way for it to go.

Yeah, that is why I just round it;  if  am going to exchange assets; then, I will get the exact rates

On 5/30/2018 at 9:31 AM, Trujillo said:

What difference does it make what you look like when you drive a nice car? 

Sooner or later, this happens to everyone (aging). 

Mostly beggers, degenerates and social misfits on pensions...... Lest us not forget the  TEFL "English teachers" ?

The Sun Auto Importer just before Central Festival.

They have a couple of Porsches in there and can get anything you desire. I have bought a few cars over the years and their after sales service is excellent. They even pick up you car for service or work from your home.

I have a Merecedes convertible at The Sun if you want a cheap fun car.

...but asking questions about Porsches on Thai Visa was never going to go well. 

2 hours ago, DLock said:

They have a couple of Porsches in there and can get anything you desire. I have bought a few cars over the years and their after sales service is excellent. They even pick up you car for service or work from your home.

Wonderful, I appreciate the info, thank you. I'll check out The Sun.

Yeah, I'm finding out what topics will not go over well here, hah. Do you happen to know of another forum (or Facebook group) that's better suited towards these types of questions?

2 hours ago, Santogold said:

Wonderful, I appreciate the info, thank you. I'll check out The Sun.

Yeah, I'm finding out what topics will not go over well here, hah. Do you happen to know of another forum (or Facebook group) that's better suited towards these types of questions?

I don't really know of any other worthwhile forums.

As long as you don't mind the majority of posters taking offense when you post on here, it's worth it for the few positive replies.

5 hours ago, DLock said:

It all stems from jealousy 

Mostly Bitter old buggers who married a bargirl and don't like to admit it are usually the first ones to criticise anyone who has above average accommodation , hi end car or a lady who didn't graduate from a dirt poor  farm with no education to shouting you hansum Mann, you buy drink me? ..... 

1 hour ago, DLock said:

I don't really know of any other worthwhile forums.

As long as you don't mind the majority of posters taking offense when you post on here, it's worth it for the few positive replies.

If you are looking for Thailand advice then there are some OK groups on Facebook.  

On 5/29/2018 at 3:36 PM, Cranky said:

They're in England - the UK Autocentre sign is a clue.  That is the true value of the vehicle.  If paying the price of 3 of them to get one blows your skirt up, good luck.

Clueless, UK Autocenter is based in Bangkok, the address and Thai script should have been a clue.

https://www.facebook.com/UK-Autocenter-1567141136948896/

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=uk+auto+center+bangkok&oq=uk+autocent&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0l5.7576j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Archived