Residence Certificate May 2018

Hi,

Im currently trying to get a residence certificate to extend a 5 year driving license. However, Chachoengsao immigration are saying they no longer receive these requests as of last month (April 2018) and I must go to the embassy to get one. I’ve checked twice, Going back with the correct application forms, and called 1111 to check. They all say go to the embassy.

What the hell is going on?

Immigration offices are not obligated to do certificates of residency. There are several that do not do them.

You could check with the local Amophoe or police station to find out it they will do one.

Your only choice is the embassy if they will not do them.

6 minutes ago, glegolo said:

Really, do our embassies knows where we are living and can certify that???

Some may ask for proof of address to one. Other will allow you to do a statement about where you are living.

To me it does not really matter as long as they are accepted.,

8 minutes ago, glegolo said:

May I ask you guys? 

Really, do our embassies knows where we are living and can certify that???

Seems VERY odd to me...

glegolo

As much as any Immigration office does.

Yes, if you registered with your embassy, she knows your address. Otherwise, no.

I ask for my certificate of residence at my embassy, which sends it to me by e-mail. After I send it by email to the agency that asks me or I draw a copy.

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Immigration offices are not obligated to do certificates of residency. There are several that do not do them.

You could check with the local Amophoe or police station to find out it they will do one.

Your only choice is the embassy if they will not do them.

Thanks for the reply.

So that's it, the only option is to pay 2,300 for the British Embassy to do it. I'll try the local Amphor, but they wouldn't even look into registering my marriage a few years ago, so I hold little hope. 

No chance Chaeng Wattana would be able to do it?

Edited by TehBen

42 minutes ago, TehBen said:

No chance Chaeng Wattana would be able to do it?

They will only do one if you are doing 90 day reports to them.

Some DLT license office will give you a form to be signed and stamped by immigration. You might check to see if the office in Chachoengsao does it that way.

Immigration here in Ubon will not do a certificate for a driver's license. The want the form to sign and stamp.