Android TV Box-Where to Buy?

ricklev

Any suggestions for where I can buy an Android TV box in Chiang Mai and suggestions on a brand/model? I know I could order it online but I'm in an Airbnb with an old tv. The TV does have WiFi and an HDMI port though so I can watch Netflix if I buy a box.

Sent from my SM-J710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I mean the room has WiFi. The TV is definitely not smart.

Sent from my SM-J710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

What are you going to use it for?  What apps?

If Netflix in HD is important for you, then your choice is probably a lot more limited and you'll need a box that runs Android TV OS such as an Nvidia Shield or Xioami Mi box.

I'd recommend the GMMZ Stream 4k set-top Android box which whilst I don't use for Netflix personally I'm sure you can download it along with all kinds of apps to entertain yourself but do double check this before purchasing. 

Needs wifi (or preferably RJ45 cable) from a good speed broadband connection to get the best out of it like all STB.  This thai online website seems to be selling it at a reasonable price but I believe Power Buy and other shops have it too.   http://www.storetexshop.com/product/758/gmm-z-stream-4k-android-5-1-tv-box-quad-core-64-bit-กล่องรับสัญญาณอินเทอร์เน็ตทีวี-จีเอ็มเอ็ม-แซท-สต   

image.jpeg.067281d39c26e9467172711af689c410.jpeg

Amorn has at times sold the Himedia H8.  Their Big C Hangdong Road shop does not have any at the moment but their main shop on the northwest of the moat may well have.  Himedia are a very popular brand.  There are plenty of reviews if you Google it.  Myself and a couple of friends use Himedia units with out any problems so far.

• Like 1

if netflix is all you really need xiaomi mibox 3, on lazada sub 3k.

as someone here has also pointed out, it is netflix hd certified.

you can also sideload terrarium, though that has been a disaster for me lately.

stay away from the chinese crap, its unnecessary.

just bought another one on lazada sunday. delivered today.

You could also pick up a Chromecast giving you the option of streaming from your Android phone/tablet or the Chrome browser on your PC/laptop. I bought one from a shop called Mobi - sorry can't remember where. 1690B, plugs into the HDMI port, need power from a USB socket (plug, or conveniently my TV also has a USB socket).

Do the boxes mentioned above have the apps installed to allow watching live TV, movies and so on.

I have used a Minix box but it is old though it still works. I would like something similar, as far as function goes. The Minix has Kodi (with scores of channels), Mobdro, apps for Thai TV....

6 hours ago, Wandr said:

Do the boxes mentioned above have the apps installed to allow watching live TV, movies and so on.

I have used a Minix box but it is old though it still works. I would like something similar, as far as function goes. The Minix has Kodi (with scores of channels), Mobdro, apps for Thai TV....

If you search for the Iron box on Line, FB groups, etc. in Thai language, you will find a couple of vendors who offer the box with all installed apps. I think the majority of the movies are in Thai language however. But you can watch live TV in U.K., USA, India, Pakistan, Spain, Portugal, Malaysia, etc. Pretty much every major network plus HBO, Showtime, BBC, Discovery, etc.

Edited by elektrified