Bluetooth with smart TV.

malt25

Hi all. Some assistance please. I have very little knowledge in this area, so please bare with me. I have recently purchased a Samsung Smart TV but don't think it has Bluetooth facility. I would like to have an additional speaker. I'm not really interested in the outlay for a soundbar & bass box & such. The room is relatively small. I'd rather not run any cables.

What I'm thinking. Is it possible to plug in some device to the USB or HDMI port that will provide Bluetooth source/power to a Bluetooth speaker ?

Might be a crazy idea but best I can come up with.

Thanks all in advance.......    Mal.

A bit more info on this question. The TV is a Samsung UA49J5200. What I'm trying to achieve is to use a Bluetooth speaker as well as the TV speaker.

Thanks all.

It don't have bluetooth ..... hardly any of the Samsung do.

Samsung HW-J250 sound bar should work with the mini-jack connection.

No other options.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

12 hours ago, malt25 said:

Thanks for that. Do you know if the TV speakers work as well as the sound bar ?  I mean simultaneous.

Yes they do, I run the TV at zero sound, but the wife keeps sneaking it up, too lazy to use the sound bar remote.

15 hours ago, malt25 said:

Is it possible to plug in some device to the USB or HDMI port that will provide Bluetooth source

We've plugged in an Android box to our Samsung Smart TV to vastly improve the smarts of the original TV. The Android box has Bluetooth so works with headphones and sounds great.

You can plug a bluetooth dongle into the headphone jack if your TV has one. Bluetooth dongles are hard to find though, I think I got mine on Bangood. I use it for bluetooth sound coming from my desktop to my bluetooth headphones. My TV doesn't have a headphone jack ☹️ 

Are you sure the TV doesn't support Bluetooth? I have a Samsung Series 5 (55", about 1+ year old) and was surprised to find it does support BT. The pairing and connection is buried in the settings/menu. Settings > Sound > Sound Output > Bluetooth Audio.

Have a look at avantree website for models of bluetooth transmit and receive devices.

On the TV side: You could plug a BT dongle into the 3.5mm audio out socket of the tv and use one of the USB ports to power it, set the BT dongle to transmit mode.

On your speaker side (if you do not have a Bluetooth speaker): Plug a BT dongle into the audio in cable and power the BT dongle with a small 5V 1A adapter, set the BT dongle to receive mode.

Pair the transmit and receive BT transmit and receive dongles.

Avantree are a little expensive but there are many cheaper chinese devices which do the same and they work.

Take a look on Lazada, many types of BT adapters there.