Car racing game/ sim heads....

Alan Whickerbasket

Hi,

Well I have a pretty decent i7 PC here so I decided to start playing games on it - just 'free download for PC' games you can get on any number of sites (I would advise direct download over torrents though). Anyway it soon became apparent that shooting dead beautiful tigers in a Buddhist temple was not exactly pleasing her indoors very much!!  (and to be honest me neither),  so I abandoned Lara Croft and had a think about how I could entertain myself on the PC with non-violent games - and hey presto RACING GAME SIR!!!

I got a pretty makeshift set up using a swivel chair with the base taken off it perched on the end of my bed with a Thrustmaster Ferrari red USB steering wheel - no force feedback on it, just a basic wheel and peddles (have you seen how much you can pay for these things!!!), for about 1500 THB clamped to a perfect sized table with the peddles wedged in underneath somehow with boxes e.t.c. The TV's about a good 5 feet away so it feels just about perfect as an ad-hoc set up.  

Fave games to date have to be Project Cars 2, Assetto Corsa, F1 2017 and on the more gaming side of car racing GRID (2008 and just so good!!) among others - I have downloaded about 35 games in total hahahahah - I got a lot to get through!! Including Grand Tourismo for the PS2 - using the PS2 emulator 'PCSX2' on the PC you can play all the old PS2 games too.

Anyone else in to car racing sims/ games ??

I am still getting lots of use out of the old NASCAR2003, but it has all the mods and track updates to 2016.  I love it as single with AI because it is not steam sourced.  Can run level 96 races without traction or stability control, always run in cockpit view I still think it is one of the best ever made.  I have been told in other forums that anything else is rather arcade and they have lost the realism of the drive, but not having them I can't know if that is for sure.  Try American trucker - I like that too, but it is on steam - the demo runs for awhile before you have to buy.  Check out the vids on it in steam.

Archived