Getting a traffic citation/paying fine

bkk6060

Could not find a thread, but transfer this if there is one.

Was on Klang yesterday on m/b and ran a red light.  I did it, so no problem.

Just past the intersection, cop on foot pulls me and another bike over.

He asked for my license and told me I ran the red light.  OK.

As a prepared traffic cop will do, he had the citation mostly filled out with the location, his name, etc.

Just checked a few boxes put in the time and my name and passport number on the cite.

This part I did not know about; he took my license and told me to pick it up at the police station later today when I paid the fine.

I get it, just did not know this.

3 hours later went to the police station on Beach Road.  Full house pulled the number and 50 people in front of me.

What surprised me was it was mostly Thai people and Chinese.  Only 3 Falang in the entire room.

Waited and had a nice conversation with one of the volunteers and a guy from Australia.

A little over an hour later, they called me.  On this, if you are not there at the second they call your number they go to the next one so be ready at the desk ahead of time.

400 b fine.  Cop behind the desk was friendly asked me where I was from and asked me if I like Thai lady( of course) and he laughed and smiled.

After paying the fine I had to go to the adjacent desk to get my license, no wait there.

Anyway, that is my experience with this.  

Went online and checked how much a red light ticket is in my home town now.  $500 or 17,000 b plus fees.

Just saying, compared to the 400 b.

3 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Anyway, that is my experience with this.  

Went online and checked how much a red light ticket is in my home town now.  $500 or 17,000 b plus fees.

Just saying, compared to the 400 b.

Any wonder why so many more people are dieing on Thailand’s roads??? 

5 minutes ago, LennyW said:

Just another <deleted> red light jumper.....dont be part of the cause!!

absolutely agree with you. I now wait 3-5 seconds after green light until I drive out into the street, specially on roads like Sukhumvit where trucks, buses and pickups come with more than 80 km/h and announce their intention to jump the light with horn and lights....

for paying in Soi 9 station, you don,t have to pickup your licence the same day, the ticket allows you to drive with it for 60 days, generally mornings are much more quiet in Soi 9 station

Change and enforce a penalty that would be representative of the law broken. This could produce a rapid reduction in the incidents although curbing the flow of easy revenue into the system....
Would the RTP be happy with a loss of such easy revenue, not sure about that.....

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Anythingleft? said:

Change and enforce a penalty that would be representative of the law broken. This could produce a rapid reduction in the incidents although curbing the flow of easy revenue into the system....
Would the RTP be happy with a loss of such easy revenue, not sure about that.....

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Yep, and there lies a major part of the problem!!

Archived