Marriage Visa

I married my Thai partner who has NZ residency and has lived with me there for the last 4 years. We come to Thailand for about 3 months each year and I've always come on a visa exempt entry but only being able to get one thirty day extension always have had to fly out the country and return. Now we are married what is my best visa option? We haven't registered the marriage yet but have all the paperwork done when we visit her village in the north and will take it to the Mae Fai Luang amphoe and get it registered. Cheers.

If you are legally married now you could get a single entry non-o visa based upon marriage at the Thai embassy will allow a 90 day entry.

If not you can get a single entry tourist visa that allows a 60 day entry that can be extended for 30 day at a immigration office.

• Thanks 1

Note that a 90 day permit to stay from a single entry non ‘O’ visa (spouse) can also be extended by 60 days, should you ever stay longer.

Assuming you were married in NZ; you should get the marriage registered in Thailand too, but that’s not necessary to apply for a non-immigrant ‘O’ visa (spouse) in NZ. All they require is the NZ marriage certificate.