Myanmar Embassy

keenok

Have you tried googling it? I am not being sarcastic, maybe you have and the info isn't available. :D

yes ,ive been to the website,but am unsure on the age and reliability of the information.for instance it says 2 working days to process.could it be that early applicants could get it the same day? i have sent them an email ,but no reply. so i thought i would try picking the knowledge of the forum in the hope of some recent first hand information. :o

I can't give you all the details, but the queus there are horendous and service deplorable. I once waited from 1:00 to 4:00 only to be told 'no more today, come back tomorrow'. People recommend to go at 6:30 and wait two hours for them to open just to be able to give them your money.

OK, the good news is that you can get a travel agent visa runner to do it for you. I always use 'friendly star travel'. They specialize in Myanmar booking and visas. They are on the same soi as the Embassy. That soi runs from the Embassy on Sathorn to the India Temple (wat kheek) on Silom. Their office is on the soi near the India temple about 50 meters up the soi from the India temple. They charge 1500 Bt. May take a week cause they wait to get 2 or 3 before they go.

I am really not joking about the service at the Embassy. Many flights are being added to Yangon, but the Embassy is not doing anything about giving more visas. Something has got to give. The people at the Embassy seem to wish they were dead and you would just go away.

A friend of mine working at the Thai embassy (in an unnamed country) told me embassys always put the dumbest staff members in the visa section because nobody wants to work there.

Myanmar is beautiful, Drew

I can't give you all the details, but the queus there are horendous and service deplorable. I once waited from 1:00 to 4:00 only to be told 'no more today, come back tomorrow'. People recommend to go at 6:30 and wait two hours for them to open just to be able to give them your money.

OK, the good news is that you can get a travel agent visa runner to do it for you. I always use 'friendly star travel'. They specialize in Myanmar booking and visas. They are on the same soi as the Embassy. That soi runs from the Embassy on Sathorn to the India Temple (wat kheek) on Silom. Their office is on the soi near the India temple about 50 meters up the soi from the India temple. They charge 1500 Bt. May take a week cause they wait to get 2 or 3 before they go.

I am really not joking about the service at the Embassy. Many flights are being added to Yangon, but the Embassy is not doing anything about giving more visas. Something has got to give. The people at the Embassy seem to wish they were dead and you would just go away.

A friend of mine working at the Thai embassy (in an unnamed country) told me embassys always put the dumbest staff members in the visa section because nobody wants to work there.

Myanmar is beautiful, Drew

just the sort of information i was looking for(the stuff you cant get of a website)thanks very much for taking the time to answer. :o

My experience at the Myanmar embassy was not nearly as bad, but it was a year or more ago. Sure I had a short wait...45minutes or so. I was applying for two people and the other guy was not with me, which might have caused problems, as we both should have signed the application form. However, one of the "helpers" who may or may not have been employed by the embassy, suggested that I forge the signature on the form. I did a rather bad facsimile, but it was no obstacle to obtaining the visa. I'm afraid I can't remember days and times open, or indeed the length of time for them to process. I'm pretty sure I went mid morning, and there was no hassle. Hope this helps.

looking for info about the myanmar embassy in sathorn road. opening hours, tourist visa application procedure,cost etc.any information appreciated.thanks.

Best way is to get a travel agent do it for you. That is what one of my co-workers did. Since they don't want to wast time getting in line since 6.30 AM or so. However they accept applications in the AM mostly - don't know the exact hours though.

I just got a visa from the Myanmar embassy, it is open from 0900-11:30 Am for visa applications, but many people arrive as early as 0800 to line-up. I think Mondays are the busiest, so plan ahead and go on a Tue/Wed/or Thur which are less busy. You can pay the regular fee (around 825 Baht) and get your visa withn 48 hours or pay an addition 200 baht for a visa within 24 hours.

They have afternoon hours, but not sure what they were.

Overall, I would say pretty painless but do expect to wait in line for an hour or longer.