Supporting documents for all UK Visas to be digitally scanned from 15 June.

3 minutes ago, Maradona 10 said:

Yea I was surprised. Anyway, it's done now thankfully. Got a feeling it will get refused though.

What makes you think that ?

If you satisfy the 3 key criteria there is no reason for an ECO to decline the application...

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Maradona 10 said:

Went today, in and out in 30 minutes, all very simple and straightforward. Sorry I can't report any dramas or reports of if it all being in complete disarray etc. Admittedly we did have the first appointment mind. The only slight mishap was my pwn doing, i didn't realise that I couldn't go up to the 28th where I intended to give Mrs M some last minute guidance and words of wisdom etc, so I ended up relaying them as the lift door was closing ?

Must be yet another new thing.

I went up in the lift , through the security screen and was directed to wait on a sofa in the corner.

Having said that.  I am drop dead handsome so that might have helped.

Looks like they have standards.

Just now, Maradona 10 said:

'satisfy' yep, that's really concrete.

You have a genuine relationship and reason to visit.

You evidence enough money for the trip and the missus can show something to come back to (where on the balance of probability the ECO believes she will return).

She will get her visa.

12 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

You have a genuine relationship and reason to visit.

You evidence enough money for the trip and the missus can show something to come back to (where on the balance of probability the ECO believes she will return).

She will get her visa.

Thanks for the show of confidence ?

49 minutes ago, mnop said:

Has anyone received an SMS informing that UKVI has received your application (after the forwarded message), or are they skipping that one out these days? 

Nope. Got the forwarded SMS but nothing since.

Not expecting another message until the passport is returned and on its way by courier.

1 hour ago, Denim said:

Nope. Got the forwarded SMS but nothing since.

Not expecting another message until the passport is returned and on its way by courier.

The next message should be an sms (and email) to say that a decision has been made.... after that an sms to say that papers are back at VfS ready for collection/delivery.

6 minutes ago, puchooay said:

Looks like we could be next up. My wife has an appointment at 11am tomorrow. It's for her first visitor visa. 

Don't cock it up..........things seem to be going quite well at the moment ?

We are there next week....................

I've probably cocked up a couple of things despite having a lot in my favour...my non 'o' expired last month so I didn't bother to include that (just my passport copy) and only showed 1 months bank statements, not 6 as I believe some do. Also didn't bother to translate my marriage cert, they can see n her passport that she bears my surname, therefore married.

I'm pretty sure IOs hate getting a mountain of "supporting evidence" with each application.

Genuine reason to visit

Genuine relationship

Funds to support visit

Genuine reason to return

That doesn't need a huge amount of paper, if some thought goes into it !

11 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

I'm pretty sure IOs hate getting a mountain of "supporting evidence" with each application.

Genuine reason to visit

Genuine relationship

Funds to support visit

Genuine reason to return

Next week I will submit an application for the missus with a maximum of 3 pieces of paper......sponsor letter, bank statement and........maybe 2 pieces of paper ? ..... I might throw in a copy of a chanote.

(I fully accept that it is much easier when it is the 7th visa application).

6 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Next week I will submit an application for the missus with a maximum of 3 pieces of paper......sponsor letter, bank statement and........maybe 2 pieces of paper ? ..... I might throw in a copy of a chanote.

(I fully accept that it is much easier when it is the 7th visa application).

I think I had about 7 docs..but yes, why show 6 mts bank when they can see you have the $ now

16 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Genuine reason to visit

Genuine relationship

Funds to support visit

Genuine reason to return

Not easy for everyone to pass on all four of those points though is it, not at all. We don't have a genuine reason to return, but we certainly don't have a genuine reason to stay in UK either. Why would anyone in today's world HAVE to return anywhere..

2 minutes ago, Maradona 10 said:

I think I had about 7 docs..but yes, why show 6 mts bank when they can see you have the $ now

Not easy for everyone to pass on all four of those points though is it, not at all. We don't have a genuine reason to return, but we certainly don't have a genuine reason to stay in UK either. Why would anyone in today's world HAVE to return anywhere..

It is the "risk of flight" that an ECO must satisfy themselves on. There have been more than a few Thais who have 'absconded' after entering on a visit visa. Having land/property/job to come back to means that an ECO has no reasons to decline the application...... with no evidence of such reasons he MAY consider the risk of flight to be too great.

Australian immigration class Thais as 'high risk' in their assessments.

1 hour ago, Jip99 said:

Don't cock it up..........things seem to be going quite well at the moment ?

We are there next week....................

Should be OK. She has proof of employment, proof of land ownership, proof of relationship, proof of funds and proof of somewhere to stay whilst in UK. Anything I've missed? 

4 minutes ago, Maradona 10 said:

1 - because somebody could pad the account with cash now, and then take it out as soon as the visa has been issued, the decision maker will be looking for consistency.

2 - You don't HAVE to prove that you will return, but you do have to satisfy the decision maker that, on the balance of probabilities, the applicant will leave the UK, reasons to return are the easiest way to do that.

Received our 2nd SMS this evening to say  that our application has been processed and that the passport is on it's way to our home address via courier.

Will know the outcome pretty soon.

16 minutes ago, Denim said:

Received our 2nd SMS this evening to say  that our application has been processed and that the passport is on it's way to our home address via courier.

Will know the outcome pretty soon.

WOW. Do you think you will be able to sleep?

Collected the wifes passport from the post office today ( postman got the slows ) I'm in there everyday anyhow so didn't have to make a special trip.

Visa was granted so she is pretty happy to making her third trip to the UK and I can start making a travel itinery.

One note . On the application we stated our intended departure date as the 12th of September. They have made the visa valid from the 11th so can't go earlier even if a cheap ticket turns up which our agent said might.

Not a problem just thought I'd mention it.

1 minute ago, Denim said:

Collected the wifes passport from the post office today ( postman got the slows ) I'm in there everyday anyhow so didn't have to make a special trip.

Visa was granted so she is pretty happy to making her third trip to the UK and I can start making a travel itinery.

One note . On the application we stated our intended departure date as the 12th of September. They have made the visa valid from the 11th so can't go earlier even if a cheap ticket turns up which our agent said might.

Not a problem just thought I'd mention it.

Well done...?

They always follow your intended departure date ...unless you request a different specific date of issue..... if the 6 months validity is not a factor then an earlier intended date of travel should be quoted if anyone wants to take advantage of  earlier, cheaper flights.

40 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Well done...?

They always follow your intended departure date ...unless you request a different specific date of issue..... if the 6 months validity is not a factor then an earlier intended date of travel should be quoted if anyone wants to take advantage of  earlier, cheaper flights.

Now just hope the September weather is as sublime as it was last visit. Plane landed at LHR and the 7.00 pm temperature was 32 C , the same as we had left behind in Bangkok. After that sun for three weeks with only one afternoon of rain. Wife wants to stay longer in Wales this time so can start booking hotels.

4 minutes ago, Maradona 10 said:

Cool. How long did it take pal?

Don't really want to answer for Denim, but I have been closely watching the timescales. He submitted on 20th June, so 15 working days to the sms being sent saying all complete. The decision was probably the day before i.e. 14 working days.

I think that was how I read it.

Archived