MSG Good or Bad ?

snoop1130

On 6/7/2018 at 12:32 PM, duanebigsby said:

To me the MSG argument is a lot like the gluten situation. Less than .01% of people are celiac but there is a huge

fad in being gluten-free. When I went home a couple years ago  I  was constantly hearing people talk about giving up gluten. Half of all products in the supermarkets were pushing it. I believe most MSG symptoms are in people's heads, although I do realize a small fraction of the population have  issues.

I agree it's all in the head except regrettably that is where it can be the most dangerous in my case specifically to the inner ear and other parts of the brain.  Menieres disease, the imbalance of inner ear nerve and cochlea lymphatic fuid largely attributed to the use of MSG.  Incurable just treat the symptoms. Avoid the use of MSG along with sodium, soy sauce, fish sauce, oil (fried food), and anything fermented is part of the treatment along with some not to friendly medications.  Sad to say no Thai food restaurants or street food for me and no cheese. 

My ENT doctor has the same disease and we have talked to quit a few of his Thai patients with the same problem since my weekly doctor visits began.  So I doubt if it's just a small fraction as you think.  If you ever see anyone put a finger over one ear when a loud motorcycle or truck goes by you can guess why.

Not only loss of hearing in one ear with a feeling like it's blocked with wax (except for the amplified loud and low frequency noises that rattle around inside your head painfully) but loss of balance, vertigo, tinnitus,  intolerance of being in a room with many people talking are just among a few of the issues associated with this disease.

I have hearing protection and rubber ear plugs that help some.  Hearing aids are not an option.  But I'm so sorry that I am one of your small fractions.  Not dangerous, cr@p.

Edited by timkeen08