Crocodile kills Ethiopian pastor during lake baptism

webfact

Crocodile kills Ethiopian pastor during lake baptism

A crocodile has killed a Protestant pastor who was baptising followers near a lake in southern Ethiopia.

Docho Eshete was conducting the ceremony for about 80 people on Sunday morning at Lake Abaya in Arba Minch town's Merkeb Tabya district.

Residents and police told BBC Amharic a crocodile leapt from the water during the baptism and attacked him. Pastor Docho died after being bitten on his legs, back and hands.

Full story: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-44366360

bbc_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright BBC 2018-06-06
  • Haha 1

That might provoke a few existential crises among the faithful. Don't worry guys, it was the Devil in crocodile form testing your faith, apparently he has God's permission to do this (Book of Job or something).

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, nausea said:

That might provoke a few existential crises among the faithful. Don't worry guys, it was the Devil in crocodile form testing your faith, apparently he has God's permission to do this (Book of Job or something).

Nah..   It was John reincarnated.

6 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

TV the hub of disrespectful posters :coffee1:

How's that?     A man of god attacked by one of god's oldest creations (:whistling: ) while performing a baptism in a lake known to be the home of crocodiles.                                 "Crocodile Done Deed".   

à¸�ลà¸�ารà¸�à¹�à¸�หารูà¸�ภาà¸�สำหรัà¸� crocodile cartoons

6 hours ago, sirineou said:

So what happen? God too busy to protect them?

You assume there is a god ? Maybe this wills how some believers that there is nobody.. I mean religious ceremony in his name should be protected... but.... not. 

Retort from religious people... its all about faith... this just tests the faith... problem solved.

30 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

TV the hub of disrespectful posters :coffee1:

Shouldn't we not celebrate for the fact that the pastor got back to his real home, to live next to his creator. He got to go to the happy place for religious people. 

Religious (or superstitious) thinking would have no trouble explaining it away.  The default being "God works in mysterious ways", "Thy will be done" etc.

Sometimes, though, more advanced reasoning is applied: A long time ago, we stayed on a beach down at Kerala, India. Massive coconuts palms all around. Every night, when the strong winds blew, coconuts came crashing down. The family we stayed with was oblivious - "only bad people get hit". When their favorite dog took one to the head, they simply switched to "it was a very bad dog". "...and therefore a witch!" came to mind.

46 minutes ago, oilinki said:

Shouldn't we not celebrate for the fact that the pastor got back to his real home, to live next to his creator. He got to go to the happy place for religious people. 

A poor human dies in the most possible horrible way, if some members find it a good opportunity to humour cheaply on the pretext that the unfortunate is a pastor, you could understand that some may not appreciate. 

1 minute ago, Tchooptip said:

A poor human dies in the most possible horrible way, if some members find it a good opportunity to humour cheaply on the pretext that the unfortunate is a pastor, you could understand that some may not appreciate. 

Should I care if someone does not understand the humour in the situation? Poor souls. Ok, that's enough.

Pastors are selling snake oil for stupid, for their own benefit. 

5 minutes ago, Jeremia Juxtaposed said:

Nope. I am being disrespectful...

And I'm glad that the croc got away ....

I was being facetious ... plus one for the crocs :neus:

• Thanks 1

Respect for the spiritual beliefs of others, I do not say to share them of course, is a proof of intelligence and culture. It is obvious that most of the big beef are unable to understand it and this since the dawn of time.:coffee1:

1 minute ago, Tchooptip said:

Respect for the spiritual beliefs of others, I do not say to share them of course, is a proof of intelligence and culture. It is obvious that most of the big beef are unable to understand it and this since the dawn of time.:coffee1:

Allowing oppression over the weak by the religious cults is a proof of intelligence? No, it's not.

If we don't protect the weak and the vulnerable, who are we?

2 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

Referring to my earlier post:-

Going into an African river that could possibly have crocodiles is stupid

Believing that you are somehow protected by a God is arrogance

I respect the right for everybody to believe anything they want but I certainly won't respect their beliefs ...That would be impossible as so many beliefs contradict each other..

But the Pastor is happy now in the Kingdom of Heaven and he left us with a smile on our faces..What more could a Pastor want..

17 minutes ago, oilinki said:

Allowing oppression over the weak by the religious cults is a proof of intelligence? No, it's not.

Agree.They prey on the weak and vulnerable..!!

OK the American and African TV Evangelists are intelligent ...intelligent fraudsters...!!!

Bring on the crocs I say!!!

31 minutes ago, oilinki said:

We do not share the same values, but it's the least of my worries considering that it is the case of millions of humans! You give your opinion and I give mine it stops there.

So I will stop the:offtopic2: ?

Edited by Tchooptip