Translator

Nawtilus

Hi Nawtilus;

Expertly, a translator/interpreter should only really translate from the source to the target langauge. So, in your situation, if you wish to interpret from Thai>Eng then it's best to find a native English speaker and vice versa.

I'm a translator/interpreter from Thai>Eng. If you're interested, then do PM me.

Steve

Not practical to do it that way, fine at the UN, but I am in the real world and would look silly with 2 interpreters.

English/Thai required.

I need a person who can translate my english to a thai autocad operator and at the same time translate thai writing to english for the autocad guy to write as Thai/English together.

A days work for the main job, but also need a little chasing around prior to it for me.

i can definitely do english to thai, and have done simultaneous interpreting (including for workshops). the practicalities of the work is an issue...since you initially said half day? I could become available for half day on a week day (if in bangkok), fulll day on weekend

but I guess the other thing that need to be considered is how technical the discussion is. autocad....is this construction/engineering related? there could be some technical terms that not every one might be aware of in both languages, unless they themselves are experts in the said field.

(have also done some translation to contractors on similar...but it wasnt extremely technical)

anyhow not suggesting you have to use my service...but at the same time cant think of someone else I know who would qualify :o

feel free to ask further questions, as it might give you some ideas of what might work to suit your need

cheers.

(PS. why not contact one of these people who provide such service to the UN or similar? like one of those offices that translates documents? they might also do interpreting....)

How much you charge ?? Full day ??

What I have is a set of autocad drawings which need ammending. I was looking for an autocad operator who spoke good english to do this. I need to sit with them to get all the changes correct.

I hopefully had someone organised, but they fell through. I had another person but she did not speak english very well and it would have dragged on and been full of mistakes, also she wanted a ridiculous amount for a days work.

So now I want a thai autocad operator and an interpreter to get it all done in a day, need it asap really, but dragging on now.

The changes are not so technical, I am sure any unknown words or phrases can be sorted out.

I thought I had another person arranged, but then when I said I needed her to do a little calling around to locate an autocad kid, she said that was beyond her ability..lol.

Lucky I am patient...sometimes.