pressure switch

no deal

i have a water pump and a tank and the pressure switch need to be replace but i don't know which one to buy for my pump,i need to know if i can use any switch or if i need to buy the one for my pump,thank you if you can help!

Go with switch in hand to the local pump shop, they can probably test it, and supply a replacement. Without more details about pump brand etc, a little hard to advise.

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

Without more details about pump brand etc, a little hard to advise.

Indeed.

You need an equivalent pressure switch not necessarily an original part.

If you want technical advice this thread would be better in the DIY Housing forum?

• Like 1

I noticed that older waterpumps start to make squeeking noises, it starts soft but can get really loud. One pump from our neighbours drove me absolutely crazy with it.

When i asked them to fix it please the noise was gone in a minute and never came back. But now their pump goes on/off every second when they use water.

Now our pump also starts making that noise after the motor stops running. What can that be? Is that the valve?

I think we can adjust that valve for optimum pressure but i have never examined it. Do those pumps need any maintenance?

Squeaking might me something caught behind the pump wet end mechanical seal causing the noise. If the pump goes on an off constantly it might be that the pressure switch setpoints are too close, some pressure switch models have an adjustment screw and some are factory set and forget. As you would know the pump starts when the system pressure is below the system pressure setpoint and then the pump switches off once the system pressure is exceeded.