Renewing A Passport At Uk Embassy Bangkok

PREM-R

I recently renewed my passport by post at the UK Embassy in Bangkok. Their website suggests that the processing time for a passport is 10 working days. You should be aware that these ten days refer to the creation of the passport and start when the documents arrive in the consular section. In my case the documents were delivered to the Embassy post room on 10th January but did not reach the consular section until 16th Jan (4 working days plus saturday and sunday), this, I was informed, was to allow for security screening. The 10 days for processing the passport then starts and is complete on 26th January, the passport will be dispatched on the next working day ( a wait of a further 3 days because of the weekend) and should be received on on the next day. Therefore you should allow about 3 weeks for renewing a passport at UK Embassy Bangkok.

The last time i re-newed my passport at the BE i took it in on a Friday morning and collected it the following Thursday.

I found it to be a great service, only thing that held me up was all the guys with wives/girlfriends trying to get them visas.

I believe they have moved that away from there now so it's not to bad.

Cheers.

Mine took 10 days = 6 working days. In addition, they specified what was the earliest day I could come and pick it up, which I did.

The only drawback was the security guard ( I walked straight past her as she was daydreaming ). I asked her if she wanted to search my bag. I got a scowl as she had been caught out. Then upstairs the clerk receiving the passports looked like he had taken his miserable pills. Both were Thai. I wonder if it is a non-smiley rub-off effect of working with British civil servants. :o:D

Then upstairs the clerk receiving the passports looked like he had taken his miserable pills. Both were Thai. I wonder if it is a non-smiley rub-off effect of working with British civil servants. :o:D

Nah, they're just pizzed because they do all the work while the Brit civil "servants" are time servers who rubber stamp everything, suckle on Britannia's voluptuous teats and bugger off after a couple of years if they don't get promoted to ambassador.

/edited for a splling error

Edited by slackula