Tourist Visa for Thai girl to Australia

So I get told again I am a troll like you posters did last time when I ask about

spending money in Bangkok for 1 week holiday.

What are the chances of getting a holiday visa for my female friend to Australia?

I know they are pretty slim but can it be done ? (Thai national)

She has not a lot of money in the bank has no house or property she just sells 

food like millions of other Thai people do, she has 1 daughter who is 10 years old

she is still married because her husband left her when the daughter was just 1 year

old and can not be found should I try to get a visa or will I be wasting my time and

money should she  apply in Bangkok Or can I apply from Australia

Please just honest replies

13 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

What are the chances of getting a holiday visa for my female friend to Australia?

I know they are pretty slim but can it be done ? (Thai national)

She has not a lot of money in the bank has no house or property she just sells 

food like millions of other Thai people do, she has 1 daughter who is 10 years old

she is still married because her husband left her when the daughter was just 1 year

old and can not be found should I try to get a visa or will I be wasting my time and

money should she  apply in Bangkok Or can I apply from Australia

Please just honest replies

The chance of getting a visa are 93.5%

Edited by Surin13

It can be done. However, with no significant assets the people processing the application will assume she is going to Australia for work, and deny the visa.

I had a similar situation with my Thai GF. Finished up having to shell out $1200 for an immigration lawyer to write an incredibly sycophantic application. If I had known what I was getting into, I would have said ***k Australia, we'll go somewhere that appreciates our tourist money.

It all comes down to flight risk, weather the Australian goverment thinks she will do a runner. It usually come down to job, kids, how long you have known each other etc, reasons to return to thailand.

You can still present a pretty good application and be successful. If she sells food, explain that in the application, (submit a separate document all about her food business) include photos of her selling food, in her apron at the markets serving customers etc. 

Money in the bank or a house in Thailand not so important because you will be sponsor. (you present a document, you will pay etc) The length of time you have known her, and proof, is important. If you met a month ago forget it. If you have maybe been chatting on-line for a couple of years, stay together everytime you visit thailand, can present photos/proof etc.

You can apply online at immi.gov.au, (you do the application but technically its from her). They ask for all sorts of documents to be sent (attached) such as proof of employment etc, you send a document all about her food shop etc, 

The application online or at VFS is a little confusing as they dont specifically ask for some details on what they basically want to see, you need to be proactive and provide information you know they are looking for.  

Edited by Peterw42

1 minute ago, Peterw42 said:

It all comes down to flight risk, weather the Australian goverment thinks she will do a runner. It usually come down to job, kids, how long you have known each other etc, reasons to return to thailand.

You can still present a pretty good application and be successful. If she sells food, explain that in the application, (submit a separate document all about her food business) include photos of her selling food, in her apron at the markets serving customers etc. 

Money in the bank or a house in Thailand not so important because you will be sponsor. (you present a document, you will pay etc) The length of time you have known her, and proof, is important. If you met a month ago forget it. If you have maybe been chatting on-line for a couple of years, stay together everytime you visit thailand, can present photos/proof etc.

You can apply online at immi.gov.au, (you do the application but technically its from her). They ask for all sorts of documents to be sent (attached) such as proof of employment etc, you send a document all about her food shop etc, 

The visa applications are not processed by Australians. They are processed by Thai contractors.

I put in what I thought was a pretty good application, including a sponsorship statement with a bank statement of $100,000. No dice. I appealed to the Consulate in Bangkok, got a polite brushoff.

The visa process is basically a lottery. I wouldn't mind a small bet some money goes under the table.

As I said before, Australia doesn't deserve the tourist dollar.

10 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

The visa applications are not processed by Australians. They are processed by Thai contractors.

That's not strictly correct.

VFS operate the Visa Application Centre on behalf of the Australian Immigration authorities, VFS staff take no part in the actual decision making process.
Visa applications are processed by directly employed Australian Immigration staff, those staff may be Australian or a number of other nationalities, decisions are certainly not made by "Thai contractors".

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I put in what I thought was a pretty good application, including a sponsorship statement with a bank statement of $100,000. No dice. I appealed to the Consulate in Bangkok, got a polite brushoff.

The visa process is basically a lottery. I wouldn't mind a small bet some money goes under the table.

As I said before, Australia doesn't deserve the tourist dollar.

The applications are processed by contractors (VFS) as in they collect the information, check its complete etc but the actual decision is made by an Australian Government employee (there is no appeal process). You can apply online which takes the contractor out of the loop. I think you can look at it as a points system, (100 points gets you a visa) a sponsor gets you maybe 30 points, long relationship with sponsor 20 points, a job to come back to 30 points etc. I have gone through the frustration of a failed application but once you get your head around what they want to hear you can get a visa. The Visa agents basically know what the oz government wants to hear, they make up jobs and relationships etc.

Its a very frustrating process, the OZ government asks you for information or proof for ABC, which you supply. Then you basically get knocked back because you didnt supply information or proof for XYZ. You need to be proactive and supply the XYZ information. They dont specifically ask about how long you have known the sponsor etc but then knock you back because no proof of relationship with sponsor, 

55 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Its a very frustrating process, the OZ government asks you for information or proof for ABC, which you supply. Then you basically get knocked back because you didnt supply information or proof for XYZ. You need to be proactive and supply the XYZ information. They dont specifically ask about how long you have known the sponsor etc but then knock you back because no proof of relationship with sponsor, 

It's not a process I am going to engage in again - ever.

1 hour ago, theoldgit said:

That's not strictly correct.

VFS operate the Visa Application Centre on behalf of the Australian Immigration authorities, VFS staff take no part in the actual decision making process.
Visa applications are processed by directly employed Australian Immigration staff, those staff may be Australian or a number of other nationalities, decisions are certainly not made by "Thai contractors".

Both applications - unsuccessful and successful - were signed off by people with Thai names. If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck - it's a duck.

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

you will be sponsor.

No they won't be a sponsor as only a relative or married partner/defacto can be a sponsor.

People on this forum incorrectly use the term sponsor or sponsorship all the time and confuses people as it has a very certain meaning in immigration law.

What the OP would be doing is supporting the visa application, hence the reason to explain the relationship to the visa applicant and the circumstance if you wish for it to carry any weight for the decision maker.

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

actual decision is made by an Australian Government employee (there is no appeal process).

There is no appeal process for non-sponsored tourist visa. There is when the visa applicant is a relative or married partner/defacto to an Australia citizen/PR.

Edited by Surin13

24 minutes ago, Surin13 said:

No they won't be a sponsor as only a relative or married partner/defacto can be a sponsor.

People on this forum incorrectly use the term sponsor or sponsorship all the time and confuses people as it has a very certain meaning in immigration law.

What the OP would be doing is supporting the visa application, hence the reason to explain the relationship to the visa applicant and the circumstance if you wish for it to carry any weight for the decision maker.

There is no appeal process for non-sponsored tourist visa. There is when the visa applicant is a relative or married partner/defacto to an Australia citizen/PR.

Yes thats correct, I used the incorrect term. Is the OP supporting the application or the applicant, or both.

Both applications - unsuccessful and successful - were signed off by people with Thai names. If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck - it's a duck.

Having a Thai name doesn’t make the person a contractor, the Australian Immigration Authorities directly employ a number of staff to make decisions on applications, as do other countries, they are not contractors, or indeed ducks, and have to comply with Australian processing procedures.

2 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

This is how I see it too. Unless you have a cast iron perfect application one gets the impression that they will always find something to pull you on and use that as a reason to deny the visa.

3 hours ago, Pat in Pattaya said:

This is how I see it too. Unless you have a cast iron perfect application one gets the impression that they will always find something to pull you on and use that as a reason to deny the visa.

You may see it this way but given that only about 6.5% applications are unsuccessful clearly that's not the case for most applications.

5 hours ago, theoldgit said:

Having a Thai name doesn’t make the person a contractor, the Australian Immigration Authorities directly employ a number of staff to make decisions on applications, as do other countries, they are not contractors, or indeed ducks, and have to comply with Australian processing procedures.

You can believe that if you want to. There are a number of sex workers from Thailand in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane. The word is about $10,000 gets them a long-term visa to Australia. If you are claiming the process is incorruptible......well.

7 hours ago, Lacessit said:

There are people who work in the Thai consulate in Australia with surnames like Smith and Jones, they, like the Australian consulate, employ local staff. The guy I dealt with when I got my original OA was Australian. 

30 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

You can believe that if you want to. There are a number of sex workers from Thailand in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane. The word is about $10,000 gets them a long-term visa to Australia. If you are claiming the process is incorruptible......well.

Why would they spend $10,000, if its even possible. They just go on a tourist/student visa and overstay. Thats why the process is so strict. The applicants cannot talk to the consulate/immigration staff, they dont deal with the public, a little hard to bribe them.

Edited by Peterw42

17 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

There are people who work in the Thai consulate in Australia with surnames like Smith and Jones, they, like the Australian consulate, employ local staff. The guy I dealt with when I got my original OA was Australian. 

Why would they spend $10,000, if its even possible. They just go on a tourist/student visa and overstay. Thats why the process is so strict. The applicants cannot talk to the consulate/immigration staff, they dont deal with the public, a little hard to bribe them.

Oh come on. If there's any nationality that has extensive networks, it's the Thais. A quiet word to look out for Applicant XYZ, there will be something in it for you.

The Thai consulate in Melbourne employs Thai staff. The only Australian I've seen there is the honorary consul.

My guess is the grunt work in the consulate would be done by Thai staff, while the bigger fish concentrate on their social calendar.

I don't know what your experience with Australian consulates and embassies is. If, as a taxpayer, you saw what embassy staff have as their summer retreat in Indonesia, you would be frothing at the mouth. It's a freaking palace.

2 hours ago, Surin13 said:

^^^actually the above figure has changed in the last reporting period to 14.8%  

Ah, another person who believes figures put out by a department with a vested interest in making the figures look good.

The vast majority of us are getting visa's approved, its pretty simple stuff they need to show. 

Main things being:    

*  Money to support their trip (or a relationship if you are supporting them for this part, like the OP would need to do). 

*  They are genuine tourists and will go home before their visa expires.   

Obviously anyone can write a letter saying they have a load of money and promise to take care of their TG, so you need to provide evidence to back all this up.  

Personally im providing 20 documents each time I help a TG apply, have had no issues bringing in TG's for multiple trips, none of which have much money to their name.  

On 6/10/2018 at 10:08 PM, Lacessit said:

Ah, another person who believes figures put out by a department with a vested interest in making the figures look good.

And yet the updated figures go against your flawed opinion on the matter.