Translation Service

pwllgrgn

By the U.S. Consulate is a good translation service. If your walking with the Ping River to your back, the entrance to the U.S. Consulate is on your left hand side. Walk about 100 meters more and you will see it on the left.

Its called Star Visa but i thought was expensive 3,000 baht for my affirmation of freedom to marry translated.

Can't remember the name but if you go down Chang Klan road away from the city (river on your left), just before you get to what I call the "Disney castle" there is a translation service there and it has a red sign outside saying (believe it or not), Translation.

I had my Affirmation translated there in 2005 and I think it was either 200 or 400THB. Sorry to be vague but hope this helps. Also, the Brit Consulate has flyers for about 3 different translation services.

Cheers,

Pikey

Interlanguage along Huay Kaew Rd. about 200 ms from Central

I am sure they are great for the standard, run-of-the-mill translations of simple documents. Unfortunately I used their services to translate a multi-page, vitally important legal document with admittedly somewhat difficult language. The service I received was disastrous, to say the least.

Much of the original 40 or so page document was translated completely wrong, giving an exactly opposite meaning to the original text, and some five pages of colloquial language were simply ignored and not translated at all.

I am lucky in that I read Thai and was able to catch the errors before the document was submitted, but even so it caused immense damage and the delay in having the document re-translated by a Bangkok based service caused an even greater and, eventually irrevocable, loss.

I am afraid I can not recommend this service, unless it is for a very simple job.

I used a man that does consular work and court translation. Fast and reasonably priced. Had it checked as it had to be accurate and was told that it could not be better. His name was Alfie and his number is 0813872711. Not sure where his office is. Hope that helps. Cheers.