"Big Joke" - he's no joke! Top cop is the real deal for putting public confidence back in the Thai police

webfact

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

Well mate you are seeing what they want you to see.

Big joke is arresting no one, it is all done before he gets there.

He is being made out to be super cop... Which he isnt.

Correct me if i am wrong, but i have been told tourist police have no arrest powers.

"but i have been told tourist police have no arrest powers."

I doubt that's true.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, webfact said:

"If we do good things public confidence will increase. We need to be mindful to get this confidence," he said in comments that will ring true to a public jaded by police corruption and scandals.

"We will be forgiven for our mistakes if we do as well as we can and have the public interest at heart".

Yes, your mistakes are forgivable, but your negligence and corruption is not.  There was no mention of police bribery in this article.  Until that stops things will just keep on  being ridiculous.  

5 hours ago, jvs said:

People please!!!!When the police is not doing their job you are bitching and making jokes.This guy is getting results and the posters so far are bitching and making jokes,what is wrong with you?

Yes the media is following him,so what?

I wish him good luck and keep up the good work.

(boy i think i am in trouble now)

i agree 100% with you on this matter. I think he is a doing a stellar job and more guys like this are needed in the force. Good luck to him

40 minutes ago, scorecard said:

"but i have been told tourist police have no arrest powers."

I doubt that's true.

I did say i have been told they have no arrest powers, didnt say it was true, that is what a regular cop told me a while back.

It’s all very well getting tough on crime but the balance must be kept right as most of us fled the police states we came from. If we come here and don’t make problems with people specially locals then maybe a civil approach to crime might suit everyone.

The laws as they are are not too bad but I i hope they don’t get too tough or make the laws more strict 

for example it’s far for 500 baht fine for fighting  one on one and the perpetrator pays hospital expenses 

2 on 1 more punishment or weapon is worse

11 minutes ago, Timebandit said:

You posters appear to be against everything in Thailand. Would you be happier elsewhere? Some Thais care about their country. LEAVE if you are unhappy. 190

something other countries. Pick another please.

Hmmm. Maybe, but this much is sure, most people unhappy with Thailand will either stay or leave, but it won't be because of anything you said.

12 minutes ago, Timebandit said:

You posters appear to be against everything in Thailand. Would you be happier elsewhere? Some Thais care about their country. LEAVE if you are unhappy. 190

something other countries. Pick another please.

Why, because you don't like the truth !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :coffee1:

3 minutes ago, KiwiKiwi said:

Hmmm. Maybe, but this much is sure, most people unhappy with Thailand will either stay or leave, but it won't be because of anything you said.

Sad that we have to put up with their bar stool crap.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Referencing the recent arrest of a Cambodian national he said it was right and proper that people spreading fake news about the Prime Minister - in this case comments about telling the public to use water instead of gas if they were worried about high prices - should be arrested.

As far as people being arrested for clicking "like" on such stories - six people were - he said that they would not end up in court. He said it should be seen as just a warning to people to be careful what they share as news such as this is defamatory and damaging.

This is sad he will arrest you for liking a Facebook post!

8 hours ago, webfact said:

There are at least three victims a week of romance scammers, he said. He blamed people of color from Uganda, Nigeria and Cameroon.

Big Joke would be thrown in jail in Sweden, kicked off the force in the UK and EU, and sued for Civil Rights violations in the US, and labeled a racist by every Western main-steam news media outlet.
But here in Thailand where there is no concept of 'political correctness'?  The bad guys get profiled, identified and dealt with harshly.  The media heaps accolades.

Rather efficient way to police.  :thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Did he actually specifically say that he would arrest you for liking a facebook post?

He did arrest 6 people for liking a post read quote below.

" As far as people being arrested for clicking "like" on such stories - six people were - he said that they would not end up in court. He said it should be seen as just a warning to people to be careful what they share as news such as this is defamatory and damaging."

I will believe that the police are serious about anything other than whatever they can do to supplement their income, namely that their efforts in combatting the road carnage reflect in:

1. A dramatic drop in road accidents.

2. Fines issued for speeding.

3. Corrupt cops who prefer to take bribes instead of issuing fines.

4. Multiple speeding offences resulting in the confiscation of vehicles

5. Multiple traffic offences resulting in imprisonment.

6. Both the driver and company manager of a passenger vehicle exceeding speed limits to be with fines and imprisonment and cancellation of licences to drive and permits to run a passenger service.

38 minutes ago, Timebandit said:

Sad that we have to put up with their bar stool crap.

You could always stop reading. I've found that effective in the past.

I never could quite understand why people still read stuff they don't like or can't understand. Nobody forces you...

10 hours ago, jvs said:

People please!!!!When the police is not doing their job you are bitching and making jokes.This guy is getting results and the posters so far are bitching and making jokes,what is wrong with you?

Yes the media is following him,so what?

I wish him good luck and keep up the good work.

(boy i think i am in trouble now)

Why you should get into trouble? 

He is a good man and so proud to catch some overstayers. That is what we call law enforcement, isn't it? No matter that every day hundred people die on the roads..... That is peanuts. He is on the right track. Give him some more years, let's say 30-40, and he will write history 

3 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

Why you should get into trouble? 

He is a good man and so proud to catch some overstayers. That is what we call law enforcement, isn't it? No matter that every day hundred people die on the roads..... That is peanuts. He is on the right track. Give him some more years, let's say 30-40, and he will write history 

I was just joking but i meant getting in trouble with all the negative people here.Always complaining but if something changes for the better looking for a reason to bitch about that!I am very happy with the younger people in Thailand who are trying their best to change things for the better.It will not be easy but history shows us it often is the student who demand a change and they are the future.

Archived