Extension at Nonthaburi

Few years ago i was told at the Nonthaburi immigration office that i couldnt do a 60 day extension on my multi entry non O visit wife visa and was sent on my way. At there time there were several other reports of the same thing happening to other people. Just wondering if things have changed since then as it would be convenient for me to do an extension instead of leaving the country this time 

You wife's tambien ban registry does not bind you to doing the extension where it is for. You an apply at another office if you have proof of residence for the province where the office is located.

You should try again at Nonthaburi. Perhaps they have changed since you tried the last time.

I had a similar issue some years ago with Nonthaburi Immigration. I went to CW and was accepted as their record shows that I lived before in Bangkok.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Thaivisa Connect

4 hours ago, Julie H said:

multi entry non O visit wife visa

Do you actually mean a multi-entry non-O visa on the basis of marriage to a Thai national?

If you do, then, if it had not expired by the time of your previous trip to Nonthaburi Immigration, that was probably their reason for refusing you a 60-day extension for the purpose of visiting your Thai wife on that occasion.

If you are currently the proud possessor of a further multi-entry non-O visa on the basis of marriage to a Thai national, you will almost certainly be met with a further refusal for a 60-day extension prior to its expiry. There's no getting away from a border run to obtain a further 90-day permission to stay in such circumstances, I'm afraid.

Edited by OJAS

10 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Do you actually mean a multi-entry non-O visa on the basis of marriage to a Thai national?

If you do, then, if it had not expired by the time of your previous trip to Nonthaburi Immigration, that was probably their reason for refusing you a 60-day extension for the purpose of visiting your Thai wife on that occasion.

If you are currently the proud possessor of a further multi-entry non-O visa on the basis of marriage to a Thai national, you will almost certainly be met with a further refusal for a 60-day extension prior to its expiry. There's no getting away from a border run to obtain a further 90-day permission to stay in such circumstances, I'm afraid.

Does that mean 60 day extensions are not granted until the the actual visa expires? I understood i could apply towards the end of any 90 day entry, is that incorrect?

6 minutes ago, Julie H said:

Does that mean 60 day extensions are not granted until the the actual visa expires? I understood i could apply towards the end of any 90 day entry, is that incorrect?

That is certainly my understanding. But subject to @ubonjoe, of course.

4 minutes ago, OJAS said:

That is certainly my understanding. But subject to @ubonjoe, of course.

You are wrong. Any of the 90 day entries from a multiple entry non-o visa can be extended for 60 days to visit a wife or child.

Visas are not extended only a permit to stay is extended. After you enter the country a visas validity means nothing.

11 hours ago, tutsiwarrior said:

problems at Nonthaburi immigration? sounds like the immigration district 3 commander up to his old tricks...the dude is a menace...

Just did a 2 month extension with 29 days still on my O Visa. Yes, the IO at Nonthaburi are a pain, by the book and then some. Had a picture of wife on the bed, IO said you both have to be sitting on bed, but let slid this time. Had two witness statements, brought another witness with us, everything good, on wait, you have to have a statement from your neighbor  and copy of his ID. Never mind, give me my two months and I will go to LOAS for a corrected  O Visa. IO said that's a good plan, then come see us for Extension for retirement!

6 hours ago, allen303 said:

Just did a 2 month extension with 29 days still on my O Visa. Yes, the IO at Nonthaburi are a pain, by the book and then some. Had a picture of wife on the bed, IO said you both have to be sitting on bed, but let slid this time. Had two witness statements, brought another witness with us, everything good, on wait, you have to have a statement from your neighbor  and copy of his ID. Never mind, give me my two months and I will go to LOAS for a corrected  O Visa. IO said that's a good plan, then come see us for Extension for retirement!

Sounds extreme for a 60 day extension. What are standard documents required for 60 day ext at Chaengwattana?

24 minutes ago, Julie H said:

Sounds extreme for a 60 day extension. What are standard documents required for 60 day ext at Chaengwattana?

At any other office it would be.

Marriage certificate plus a copy, copies of the wife's house book registry and ID card. And proof of residence.

16 hours ago, Julie H said:

Sorry, went there to do a marriage  extension. Ended  up with a 2 month extension because no letter from neighbor. Long story already covered here on my problem with O Visa from DC for retirement.