Changing car registration address.

2 ½ years ago on arrival in BKK we purchased a new car. Since we didn’t yet have a permanent address we used my mother-in-law's in Kalasin. We live in Khon Kaen now. I want to change the vehicle registration address to our actual address - so I can get timely reminders of infractions caught on camera. My wife says the only place to do this is at Land Transport in BKK. That would be a waste of a day not to mention the time and expense having to go to BKK in the 1st place. Has anyone been successful in making such a  change at their local Land Transport office?

Thanks

Hi BanK and KhunBENQ,

About 10km from Immigration on the road to Udon Thani.  I've seen signs to that one but isn't there another one closer to town where they do Driver's Lic?

Yes BKK plates (5 followed by two Thai characters then  4 digits).    My wife is the owner and, if it matters, at the time of purchase she was listed in her mother's house book (now she is in housebook of her own)

I recently changed my Bangkok  registered, licensed, car to current Sakon Nakhon address. Residence cert from IO & 1 trip to Land Transport Office. Surrendered old plates & received new plates. No pain at all.

12 hours ago, khunbillmex said:

Hi BanK and KhunBENQ,

About 10km from Immigration on the road to Udon Thani.  I've seen signs to that one but isn't there another one closer to town where they do Driver's Lic?

Yes BKK plates (5 followed by two Thai characters then  4 digits).    My wife is the owner and, if it matters, at the time of purchase she was listed in her mother's house book (now she is in housebook of her own)

I Think that you may be referring to the motorcycle registration place which in in town. The one I was referring to out of town is exclusively for  cars.

banK