Bangkok police hunt four ‘free running’ YouTube posters

webfact

Bangkok police hunt four ‘free running’ YouTube posters

By The Nation

b69d2b5e717120ee26688c11f768d614.jpeg

Bangkok police have launched a manhunt for four young men who filmed themselves performing a ‘free-running’ show by jumping and running on the hoods of vehicles stuck in Bangkok traffic.

Pol General Chalermkiart Sriworakhan, deputy police commissioner general, said he has ordered Metropolitan Police chief Pol Lt-General Charnthep Sesawej to locate and investigate the four “Youtubers”.

eeae2663dfe719622f627a6a636a7eb9.jpeg

Chalermkiart ordered the legal action after Facebook user Wanchalerm Permasem on Wednesday shared a YouTube clip of the four to criticise them for “inappropriate action”.

The four were apparently seeking YouTube fame by shooting clips of them free running in various places and then editing and joining the clips.

5bbe525e1a5cff7388e90ed4875eb4f5.jpeg

Among other things, they were seen sliding down an escalator rail, jumping on the roof of a subway station, jumping on a sidewalk fence, as well as jumping on and running along the hoods of vehicles stuck in traffic.

bfc24bcef4ae600dd69b310422d1e024.jpeg

Most Facebook users criticised them for causing a nuisance and damaging other people’s cars.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30347750

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-06-14

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Police arrested four ‘free running’ posters

By The Nation

8460e87429e2acca7130887b31fd9376.jpeg

Police on Thursday afternoon apprehended four young men who had filmed themselves performing a “free-running” show by jumping and running on the hoods of vehicles stuck in Bangkok traffic.

The four “Youtubers” - identified as Suphot Sakobkaew, 20, Wanchalerm Premkasem, 19 and two other boys aged 18 and 16 (names withheld due to their age) - were arrested from a computer game cafe in Samut Prakan's Phraek Sa area. Each of them were fined at Bt1,000 over the charge of causing a public disturbance per each stunt carried out at jurisdiction areas of Thong Lor and Lumphini precints. 

Earlier on Thursday, Pol General Chalermkiart Sriworakhan, deputy police commissioner general, had ordered Metropolitan Police chief Pol Lt-General Charnthep Sesawej to locate and investigate the four “Youtubers”after Facebook user Wanchalerm Permasem on Wednesday shared a YouTube clip of the four to criticise them for their “inappropriate action”.

The four were apparently seeking YouTube fame by shooting clips of themselves free running in various places and then editing and joining the clips.

Among other things, they were seen sliding down an escalator rail, jumping on the roof of a subway station, jumping on a sidewalk fence, as well as jumping on and running along the hoods of vehicles stuck in traffic. 

Most Facebook users criticised them for causing a nuisance and damaging other people’s cars.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30347763

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-6-14
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

The Thai authorities hate anything with "free" in it... Free running, free speech, free n fair elections... !!

Arrest anyone with aspirations of being "free" ?

Unbelievable.

Your hate must be very deep.

Don't know where you come from, but I guess your elections, speech, whatever are not that free at all while the results of those elections are questionable, at least, and don't really give Vox populo any power.

6 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Run over my car and even though I am older in my 50's I am still quite fast enough to catch them and beat their moronic butts silly. Yeah, I run 5- 10 km everyday to keep the body working. Yes have had a scrap or two or ten in my day. . 

Never forget....we are just guests here....

2 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Meaning? If someone did run over my car then I should catch them and say thank you and give them a 1000 baht tip? 

Just let him go. He will get trouble later with the locals...Just wanna stay alive and not be on the news.