Chakthip seeking Interpol assistance for ex-monk’s custody

webfact

30 minutes ago, Oziex1 said:

Still time, he hasn't left Europe yet.

What would the charges be? 

Wasting taxpayers money. "Dereliction of duty" sounds familiar?

Corruption? ( how did he become a policeman in Thailand?)

Supporting coupists? (aber er had es nicht gewust).

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/15/2018 at 5:20 AM, Samui Bodoh said:

If Germany and Interpol questioned Thailand's 'undemocratic' credibility a few weeks ago and decided not to comply with Thailand's request, what has occurred since then to change their minds?

Face it Thailand, few, if any, countries believe that you have a fair system of Law and Justice. And, as few countries believe that Thailand has a reasonable system of Justice and Law, they ain't gonna turn people over to you.

May I suggest that you reform your Justice and Legal system before making further requests? It'll save you lots of embarrassment.

Or, you can continue to be a disrespected, scorned, international laughing stock...

Germany can be made to comply with Interpol's requests as per International Law - as far as I know, embezzlement if not punishable by death which Germany will not extradite anyone to a country that has the death penalty.

Oh, and the German and French justice systems are fantastic and both countries are prime examples of shining democracy?
In the EU they are, and that filthy body is highly undemocratic.
And more or less doing the bidding of France and Germany.
Sometimes I can't escape the feeling there is more democracy in Thailand as in the bloody EU.
hansnl you are so angry. What happened in your life?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Did someone in the RTP let on that there may be a chance the French Interpol folk may speak the same language as the Thai cops. Could the Interpol guys get a donation to their Christmas party fund and leave the RTP posse with nothing. Cest la vie 

• 1 month later...

So it's now a month later, and I can't find any more recent news on this???   The fact that the Thais keep changing the way they spell this guy's name in English doesn't help.

As best as I can tell, the turndown from Interpol is the last tidbid I can find. The former monk was seeking asylum in Germany, but not sure I saw any news on whether it had been granted or not???

Once again, the RTP seem to have come up a day late and a dollar short.

On 6/14/2018 at 10:30 PM, webfact said:

Chakthip’s previous trip to Frankfurt to take custody of the monk was a failure as Germany turned down the request and questioned “undemocratic” Thailand’s credibility, the source said.  

Ouch .! straight two footer in the gonads there by the Germans on the " credibility " issue .. They might have gone home from the W C early but they still know how put the boot in on other matters .. 

Edited by Justgrazing
Sp