Man shoots pregnant girlfriend dead, injures her father

webfact

These type of crimes are becoming more & more common in Thailand ......... & now even in hospitals. Appalling crimes of passion, which continually go unchecked! I find it really sad that this so called "loss of face" anger in Thailand has reached epidememic levels in all walks of life here ........ mainly it's the innocent that suffer too! This "revenge thing" that exists in Thailand seems to be almost common practice here without even considering the consequences!! I just do not enjoy going out anymore & when I do it is not very far ....... mainly local to mingle with other expats for a chat. It is certainly not the fun place I remember anymore. I'm of an age now where "moving on" is not an option due to my mobility, but if there was one I'd be heading to the airport without looking back. It's really sad to see this once wonderful hospitable funloving country slowly self destruct.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Megasin1 said:

so this report is incorrect, in that the girl wasn't pregnant, according to the Thai news channel.

she had a problem peeing from a previous birth of their baby which was 5 months old and was attending hospital with her father about that issue.

The ex boyfriend wanted to talk to her alone and the father refused to allow it as far as he was concerned they were finished.

I am only conjecturing here, however why would he want to speak to her alone armed with a pistol, other than to do what he ended up doing anyway.

A very sad end for 2 people and a very sad start to life for a baby having lost both it's mother and grandfather.

Lets hope the SOB doesn't recover from his injuries as you could shudder at the thought of him eventually influencing a child.

The SOB didn't recover from his injuries. He died in hospital this morning so now there is a 6 month old baby with no parents and one grandfather dead.

Edited by bannork

12 minutes ago, todlad said:

Good idea but I haven’t had a tipple for donkey’s years. Or drugs ... ever

I've already downed my first one, and am feeling the tingles already.

If I were back in the UK I would have had a joint as well.

Life is pointless without a little chemical aid.

All within the law of the land of course.

Back on topic,

Thailand is a little bit lawless, and this sort of stuff is always happening.

I'm thinking the media report it more, opposed to it happens more.

The baby will probably be better of with a nice family.

Someone will look after baby.

@DaveyH

The whole world is getting worse, no point in moving, there is nowhere better.

Edited by BritManToo

On 6/15/2018 at 3:56 PM, webfact said:

shocked by the sound of gunfire.

They should ask killers to use a silencer before murdering. Loud noises are not well tolerated in Thai culture... RIP poor woman and her little creature... ?